Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Feldgendarmerie gorget opinions

Article about: Dear Collectors: Comparing a gorget to buy , appreciate your opinions in this example. Marked "M" Regards, Dan

Default Feldgendarmerie gorget opinions

Dear Collectors:

Comparing a gorget to buy , appreciate your opinions in this example.

Feldgendarmerie gorget opinionsFeldgendarmerie gorget opinionsFeldgendarmerie gorget opinions

Marked "M"

Regards,

Dan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldgendarmerie gorget opinions
    P
    Many

Hi Dan, looks fine.

Please read this thread for more info:

Feldgendarmerie gorget for review/opinions

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Dan, looks fine.

Please read this thread for more info:

Feldgendarmerie gorget for review/opinions

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you Adrian , for me also looks good, I think I'll go for it... besides being a reliable dealer (River Valley Militaria )

Would need a close up of the wreath and eagle, I have been looking at these for a long time hoping to buy one someday as you see from my link, the fakes have a fatter wider wreath from what I have read on here, personally I would get one that has the paper backing as the cloth backed versions have been known to be faked in the 70's, and yes they even glow!! There is one for sale here Army/Waffen-SS Field Police Gorget that has no doubts. RVM is a very good dealer of original items but when you are spending that much cash it is always best to cross your T's and dot your I's .

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Would need a close up of the wreath and eagle, I have been looking at these for a long time hoping to buy one someday as you see from my link, the fakes have a fatter wider wreath from what I have read on here, personally I would get one that has the paper backing as the cloth backed versions have been known to be faked in the 70's, and yes they even glow!! There is one for sale here Army/Waffen-SS Field Police Gorget that has no doubts. RVM is a very good dealer of original items but when you are spending that much cash it is always best to cross your T's and dot your I's .
    ok, it is clear that always runs a risk , but as far as I researched the cloth versions are the first to be produced , the brown cardboard were the end of the war , I followed my instinct and bought , you know that a COA don't gives the guarantee of authenticity ... here is an example of one with cloth (Feldjägerkorps), that no doubt is a good one... as I have it in my power , I will publish more detailed photos , I have 7 days of guarantee with this dealer.

THIRD REICH GORGETS

Yes COA's mean nothing in this hobby as most of us know. Hopefully your in hand inspection backs up your instinct, please post your own photo's when you get it, I have seen the Assmann produced fakes with a fat wide wreath so I have been looking at the thinner more detailed ones as being more genuine, it sure is a mine field with these and I am still learning, so far the fakes I have seen are the cloth backed versions.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Yes COA's mean nothing in this hobby as most of us know. Hopefully your in hand inspection backs up your instinct, please post your own photo's when you get it, I have seen the Assmann produced fakes with a fat wide wreath so I have been looking at the thinner more detailed ones as being more genuine, it sure is a mine field with these and I am still learning, so far the fakes I have seen are the cloth backed versions.
    yes, I know that Assmann have been falsified , in fact, I do not think Assmann manufactured Gorgets (my opinion) , so I leaned Maedicke the maker are principles of war and own Maedicke with cloth, the cardboard are unmarked and are the end of war ... if , as I have, public detailed photos

Quote by Dan Miller View Post
    here is an example of one with cloth (Feldjägerkorps), that no doubt is a good one...
    Compare the gorget from the website, especially the letters, with this close-up from an original wearing press-photograph.

Feldgendarmerie gorget opinions

so, what about this... thx

Feldgendarmerie gorget opinionsFeldgendarmerie gorget opinionsFeldgendarmerie gorget opinions

That one IMO is a very minty original, nice crisp detail to the eagle, wreath and letterring.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast