Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Field Cap and Luftwaffe Eagle

Article about: I have these two items in my collection and I'm confused to say the least. First is this Black Field Cap - It's similar to the Panzer Caps I've seen except the buttons have the SS Lightning

Zahigkeit
    ?

Default Field Cap and Luftwaffe Eagle

I have these two items in my collection and I'm confused to say the least.

First is this Black Field Cap - It's similar to the Panzer Caps I've seen except the buttons have the SS Lightning Bolts on them...what is this cap? Is it some kind of reproduction?

Second is this Eagle. The backside of it rough and very frayed, without any distinguishable detail. I looked at many similar eagles and what seems to be the "front side" has the same threading as them, however the eagle and swastika are backwards.
    Is this some kind of flub or do I just have it reversed? LOL

2. # ADS

Default Re: Field Cap and Luftwaffe Eagle

I think the eagle might be reversed....looks like the swastika is flipped. This isn't my area though - just observations. As for the cap with the SS buttons....I really think it's a reproduction. Don't recall ever seeing buttons like that with sigrunes.

Rob

Zahigkeit
    ?

Thanks Rob,

Yeah, I assumed it was a reproduction cap. I've never seen a Field Cap with Sigrunes either. Oh well, at least it will keep my head warm in winter. None of the items I have were ever purchased so I'm not too disappointed.
    - Mike

Hey.....You can't beat FREE!

Rob

Zahigkeit
    ?

Nope, indeed not

I'm gonna post more pics of the cap in the Cloth Head Gear forum just to get some more opinions.