Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Field made Zelt Camo Jacket

Article about: Hello guys, it's been a while since i last posted here. So this time i have on target a field made camo zelt jacket. The question is always, period made or post war fake? It has all the righ

Default Field made Zelt Camo Jacket

Hello guys, it's been a while since i last posted here.
    So this time i have on target a field made camo zelt jacket. The question is always, period made or post war fake?
    It has all the right ware on the right places, the stitching thread (the most important clue) is as old as it gets, therefore for me a period made one.
    What is your opinion guys?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Field made Zelt Camo Jacket   Field made Zelt Camo Jacket  

Field made Zelt Camo Jacket   Field made Zelt Camo Jacket  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Field made Zelt Camo Jacket
    P
    Many

Default Re: Field made Zelt Camo Jacket

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Field made Zelt Camo Jacket   Field made Zelt Camo Jacket  

Details

Last ones

These are always very hard to date for certain and really require a leap of faith. No one will be able to say for sure when it was made. For me, if it were wartime, I would have expected it to have provision for shoulder straps.

My advice is, if you like it, and it is not too expensive buy it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade and thanks for your input.
    You have a point there regarding the shoulder straps.
    This one belongs to a friend who is a tunic collector and had more than 90 pieces in his collection. Now he sells most of them and i must say half of mine come from his collection.
    He bought it from an Eu seller who claimed that it was a vet bring back. Of course this says nothing.
    I just took into consideration the thread/stitches which look old and not like modern (made in China pieces) were the threads are brand new.
    He is willing to give it to me for 350 euros all in, so i think the price is awesome.

To me that is a lot of money for an item of this nature, but if you are happy, well that is all that matters.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Really?
    What would a fair price be according to your experience Ade?

I have to agree with Ade, very hard to date an item like this without a known history, whilst the lack of SB loops suggests post war civilian use and the price to me also seems almost about double what I would expect to pay for something like this, with the issues previously mentioned.

If it had history and had SB loops etc, then maybe a reasonable price to pay, but without, it's too much money, IMO
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I would agree with Jerry, half that price would be more to my tastes.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast