Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Field Police. Ripped off or no?

Article about: Another old buy

G43
    ?

Default Field Police. Ripped off or no?

Field Police. Ripped off or no?Field Police. Ripped off or no?Field Police. Ripped off or no?Field Police. Ripped off or no?Field Police. Ripped off or no?Field Police. Ripped off or no?Field Police. Ripped off or no?Field Police. Ripped off or no?Field Police. Ripped off or no?Field Police. Ripped off or no?Field Police. Ripped off or no?Another old buy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Field Police. Ripped off or no?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Field Police. Ripped off or no?

That armband is fake; these are available in quantity at the Max Show from certain dealers; there also exists a blue one made exactly the same as this but for Water Police & Coastal Water Police with yellow embroidery. They all have the wierd ribbed edging. Another armband with the same features offered along with these, is in red with a small embroidered Studentenbund diamond in the center.

G43
    ?

Thank you for the help. So is the ribbed edge the only give away so I know what to look for in the future?

That's one very good indicator to watch out for. Attending the MAX Show or the SoS to keep an eye on what is being offered is great as well, if you are able to attend.

Actually, I would say that this is a complete fantasy item anyway, since the German military police were designated as "Feldgendarmerie", not "Feldpolizei".

(The Geheime Feldpolizei was a different branch and did not utilize police eagle insignia at all.)

So, even if this was made in a different manufacturing style, it still wouldn't make sense at all.

As others have said, wrong format and wrongly constructed even if it had the correct format. I hope it was cheap or you can take it back for a refund.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

G43
    ?

Thanks guys. My dad got this about 20 or so years ago for around $20 but at a gunshow but now I know what to look for thanks guys!