Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Flakhelpers

Article about: I have a question is it possible to combinate my normal luftwaffe greatcoat with a flakhelpers cap? I see on some pic helpers with normal luftwaffe gear like the overseas cap etc . Thanks in

Default Flakhelpers

I have a question is it possible to combinate my normal luftwaffe greatcoat with a flakhelpers cap?
    I see on some pic helpers with normal luftwaffe gear like the overseas cap etc .
    Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

The HJ Flakhelpers wore their own unique pattern of greatcoat.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The HJ Flakhelpers wore their own unique pattern of greatcoat.

Cheers, Ade.

Normaly yess but i ask it because i see some pics of hj flakhelpers with luftwaffe gear.

Good question period photo' show a lot of HJ items mixed with Luftwaffe I think in his book "A boy defending Hitlers Third Reich" by Wilhelm Gehlen he was a HJ flak helper Willie talks about getting his stuff from the local Luftwaffe or at least his helmet was. timothy

?

In the final months of the 3th Reich the last cannonfooder, i mean soldiers most likely used whatever equipment they could use to defend their ruined homeland.
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

Towards the end of the war common drafted soldiers were issued everything from WWI rifles to Luftwaffe caps. If it was a uniform they gave it to the rookies.