Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flea market pick-ups

Article about: Bought these today - all for \\$50. Now I know the shoulder strap is for an Infantry Unteroffizier and the complete collar tab is also Infantry. The Gefreiter rank is one with subdued tress. N

Default Flea market pick-ups

Bought these today - all for $50. Now I know the shoulder strap is for an Infantry Unteroffizier and the complete collar tab is also Infantry. The Gefreiter rank is one with subdued tress. Now the armband was from the same grouping and bought as a lot with some Italian stuff as well as the German. Can anyone please comment on whether it is German or not? It is a printed version with double material construction - no markings. The last item is another collar tab which was never used, but is in a slightly messed condition. What section of the Wehrmacht used this one? Thank you all.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flea market pick-ups   Flea market pick-ups  

Flea market pick-ups   Flea market pick-ups  

Flea market pick-ups   Flea market pick-ups  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flea market pick-ups
    P
    Many

Default Re: Flea market pick-ups

Great

The last litzen -collar tab- is genric Heer, post 1940 or 41 I think. Armband looks period, but I cant say if it is German. nice pickup.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. I was very fortunate to walk into this deal. Most people at the flea market already know that I collect TR items. When you sat generic, does that mean they did away with the waffenfarbe on the collar tabs at that stage?
    Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Thanks Jerry. I was very fortunate to walk into this deal. Most people at the flea market already know that I collect TR items. When you sat generic, does that mean they did away with the waffenfarbe on the collar tabs at that stage?
    Tom
    I will have to check, but I think they introduced the universal type at that date, but you see them with different colours still being attached later. I think it is mainly a security issue, but also simpler and cheaper to only manufacture one colour, especially for em's.

Jerry

Thanks again Jerry.
    Tom