Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Found in grandfathers things: cloth eagle

Article about: I found this in things that were given to me. I am curious as to what it is and where it may be from? I was told that it may be a WWII German Army infantry patch, but wanted to ask someone h

Default Found in grandfathers things: cloth eagle

I found this in things that were given to me. I am curious as to what it is and where it may be from? I was told that it may be a WWII German Army infantry patch, but wanted to ask someone ho may know better. Any help would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found in grandfathers things: cloth eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found in grandfathers things: cloth eagle
    P
    Many

Looks like a sports shirt emblam

Thank you. I wasn't sure I keep hearing different things. Who wore these?

Welcome to the Forum, friend....You have a Kriegsmarine (Navy) Other Ranks Breast Eagle...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found in grandfathers things: cloth eagle  

Thank you. I am now trying to figure out where it came from. Most of my great uncles and great great uncles were in the army, and this was something that I have never seen before until now. I am curious as to whose it was and where exactly it came from, but I will probably never find out.

Just for clarification, the Navy Sport's Eagle that my friend Glenn66 is referring to is similar yet larger with a different background as you can see here...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Who knows where he picked it up. Things like this were swapped and traded around, soldier to soldier over there after the war. A really cool bring back eagle.

Agree navy breast eagle for white KM jumper. timothy