Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Found some Eagles are they REAL or Fake?

Article about: Found some Eagles are they REAL or Fake? Hello everybody! First post! Great site you have here! I picked these Eagles up along with a P38 bringback rig! It was a complete impulse purchase, I

Default Found some Eagles are they REAL or Fake?

Found some Eagles are they REAL or Fake?

Hello everybody!

First post!

Great site you have here!

I picked these Eagles up along with a P38 bringback rig!

It was a complete impulse purchase, I know nothing about these....

Any info greatly appreciated.

Hope I didn't screw up on these...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found some Eagles are they REAL or Fake?   Found some Eagles are they REAL or Fake?  

Found some Eagles are they REAL or Fake?   Found some Eagles are they REAL or Fake?  

Found some Eagles are they REAL or Fake?   Found some Eagles are they REAL or Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found some Eagles are they REAL or Fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Found some Eagles are they REAL or Fake?

Hi Steven, welcome to the forum!
    Are you new to collecting?? ..... if so, then a pretty good first haul I'd say.
    Apart from the terrible tropical ones at the top ( and as a pointer, compare the quality with the other ones ... they are 'all over the shop' ) all look fine - "salty" but OK.
    Tunic removed or moth eaten is one way to know they are good ( at the obvious cost to value ) but I still like them
    Cheers, Dan

Hi Danmark,

I mainly collect weapons.. Found these at an auction and was drawn to them! I have a few German p38 pistols in display cases and figured these would display well with them.

I did notice the low quality of the top two.

Glad I got some real ones!!!

Can anyone tell me the specifics of the good ones.

Should I distroy the fakes to keep them out of circulation?

Cheers,

I have marked 3 as fakes, the SS I am uncertain on and the others appear to be original. Good close up pics of each individual eagle helps when asking for opinions.

Don't destroy the fakes, just sell them cheaply as such.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found some Eagles are they REAL or Fake?  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the replys,

I would like to know which branches these eagles where used by? I am really new to WW2 uniforms and Insignia's and could use some help.
    The Luftwaffe are familar to me, But not the rest! Can some break down the details of each eagle for me.
    Btw does the Tail on the "Salty" Luft droop down? Is this an early one? Just seems different from the other in most regards.
    Really appreciate the info.