Default Re: French DAK shirt

Great info Jerry and JP

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

A bit off topic gents...but it was not the last time French military uniform items were used by the German Army....I have just picked up a French lightweight fatigue jacket that was sourced and worn by Bundeswehr troops in the UN peace keeping action in Somalia in 1993 ! because they had no desert type uniforms at this time ! I will be showing over on the BW sub forum....here's a snippet...
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	454411   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNSOM (1).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	454412  

"The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Nice shirt!

Were Bundeswehr troops in Somalia eligible for the 'Afrika' cufftitle?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Nice shirt! Were Bundeswehr troops in Somalia eligible for the 'Afrika' cufftitle?
    What like the troops in Afghanistan........
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI4198.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	454647  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Hello,
    In the french army, the F1 combat jacket is not supposed to be worn like the mannequin shown in this thread as waist pockets must be hidden when the combat jacket is on. There should be a drawsting at the bottom, first of all adjust the drawstring around the waist then tighten it firmly, then button up frontal buttons, and waist pockets should be hidden, the bottom of the jacket being upside down. Then put on your combat belt around the waist, placed over the pocket flaps and blocked by flap studs...lower pockets are not used in the french army...to avoid this not very long but annoying thing, many french soldiers have their combat jackets retailored, shortened and quite often an elastic band is placed inside....(i mean it was the current fashion when i wore the french uniform....a long time ago....)

Nice addition to the thread ouradour, and not very out of topic...
    I know a french collector who has been a tremendous Commando Marine with many skills as he was combat swimmer and sniper, to end his career as a commando instructor...he told me that in the french navy "commandos marine", when you reach a certain level of expertise, you are allowed to wear and carry anything you want for special missions. German Flecktarn camo jackets or pants were used on individual initiative, one of his comrade even carried a MP40 with german pouches for a mission in Africa, and i'm not talking about the 50s or 60s, but this occured during the 90s....
    Thanks

nice cuff btw...
    PREUSSENS GLORIA

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12