Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

A frightening site..unless you collect repro's

Article about: Have a look here..... WW2 German Uniforms Replica from WW2sale frightening, unless of course reproductions are your bag !...even 1957 awards do not escape being reproduced ! time to give up.

Default A frightening site..unless you collect repro's

Have a look here..... WW2 German Uniforms Replica from WW2sale frightening, unless of course reproductions are your bag !...even 1957 awards do not escape being reproduced ! time to give up......
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A frightening site..unless you collect repro's
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: A frightening site..unless you collect repro's

Ouch! The sad part is they didnt even label the tunics properly! They said a generals greatcoat was for an officer and a waffenrock was a tuxedo tunic!

Quote by oradour View Post
    Have a look here..... WW2 German Uniforms Replica from WW2sale frightening, unless of course reproductions are your bag !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Speaking as a non-collector of Nazi items, and one who hasn't studied F-B's pictures, even I could spot those uniforms as being fake. They all look weird and wrong...

Rob

Quote by Dean View Post
    Ouch! The sad part is they didnt even label the tunics properly! They said a generals greatcoat was for an officer and a waffenrock was a tuxedo tunic!
    Unfortunately Dean, somebody in the future will ! Rob..check out the medals section.....
    Prost ! Steve.

?

All made in China. I doubt it's of very high quality. Thanks for posting. Interesting to look at. I wonder what their fake decals are like.

Genuine items will remain such forever,along with their feel and even their smell.Repros will always be repros and will fool only the ones who cannot tell a real thing from a fake one,or who cannot compare the two;an "old salt" will always tell good from bad....what really "scares" me or,rather,should scare younger collectors or people newv to the "hobby"who have to learn the lesson the hard way (and this is more and more the case these days) are some fakes that are REALLY frightening...the ones posted on that site are not IMHO!
    Horrido!

?

What a lot of rubbish but some will think that this repro junk is actually collectable
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings