Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Gebirgsjäger Sommer Arbeitsbluse ?

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I've been offered this "Gebirgsjäger summer working jacket", to be honest, I've never heard of such a thing. I've looked through the jacket, found no sign of label

?

Default Gebirgsjäger Sommer Arbeitsbluse ?

Hello Gentlemen,
    I've been offered this "Gebirgsjäger summer working jacket", to be honest, I've never heard of such a thing. I've looked through the jacket, found no sign of labels or stamped markings on it, also the buttons seem rather fancy for a working jacket. What do members think, any connection to Gebirgsjäger or am I being spun a story. Help & information appreciated.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjäger Sommer Arbeitsbluse ?   Gebirgsjäger Sommer Arbeitsbluse ?  

Gebirgsjäger Sommer Arbeitsbluse ?   Gebirgsjäger Sommer Arbeitsbluse ?  

Gebirgsjäger Sommer Arbeitsbluse ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjäger Sommer Arbeitsbluse ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gebirgsjäger Sommer Arbeitsbluse ?

Hello,
    It is a standard oatmeal/white M33 Drillichrock for fatigue/work with fantasy "moutain" buttons added. Is it a later addition ?
    who knows, but nothing specific to Gebirgsjäger here...and apparently there was a NCO collar tresse that has been unsewn.
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 08-12-2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: spelling

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

First comment is spot on. I am a GJ collector and this is not a specialty clothing example for GJ troops - it is regular issue. I am guessing the buttons were added at some time when the original examples fell off or got lost. It would be easy enough to replace them. This type of jacket would have carried rank insignia in the form of patches for Oberschütze, Gefreiter or Obergefreiter or in the case of a Feldwebel silver tresse. In this case it seems to have belonged to an NCO but the tresse on the collar is missing. By rule it would not have had national insignia or shoulder boards. Still a good find and worth keeping.

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    By rule it would not have had national insignia or shoulder boards.
    Hello,
    Per regulation it is true, but as usual you can see many pics showing the oatmeal or green M33 Drillichrock with added Hoheitsabzeichen and shoulderstaps, even with Litzen...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Yes, the work clothing did get non regulation insignia from time to time. I have seen a photo of a Heer soldier wearing a work jacket in the Summer with insignia added. The Kombis or coveralls sometimes got additional insignia too despite a similar rule.

Here's a photo showing an Unteroffizier who's wearing the M33 Drillichrock made of green HBT material, with Litzen, coolar tresse, breast eagle and shoulderstraps. Notice the lack of waist pocket flap, which clearly show that this garment is indeed a M33 and not a latter production HBT tunic with four pockets.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjäger Sommer Arbeitsbluse ?  

In Memoriam :

?

Thanks Everyone,
    I bought the M33 Drillichrock (I take it M33 relates the year of introduction) asked the seller regarding the Gebirgsjäger connection, he maintains the drillich came from a Gebirgsjäger. I ran a UV light over it, it stayed dark, I now need to find five suitable buttons. Again, thanks everyone for your contributions. I've learnt a lot.
    Best Wishes
    Alec