Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gebirgsjäger Tunic thoughts

Article about: Good day everyone, I was hoping someone could help me identify this tunic. Looks to me to be a veteran of the Battle of Crete and part of the Gebirgsjäger 100th regiment. I have not been abl

Question Gebirgsjäger Tunic thoughts

Good day everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me identify this tunic. Looks to me to be a veteran of the
    Battle of Crete and part of the Gebirgsjäger 100th regiment. I have not been able to gather much information however I do have a few pictures to go off of from another Gebirgsjäger collector (listed at the bottom). It looks to be the same tunic and shoulder boards except without the 100.

Is it often that tunics would have the regiment number on the shoulder boards?

What type of service bars are those? It looks to be The Honour Cross x2 however I don't know the other two.

What are the opinions on the stitching around the breast eagle, the edelweiss and the Kreta cufftitle?

I have the tunic with me. So I can take any pictures elsewhere or more defined pictures if needed.

Thank you for any information and assistance,

Rockett

Gebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughtsGebirgsjäger Tunic thoughts

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjäger Tunic thoughts
    P
    Many

Not liking the collar tab attatchment stitching. Being a tailor made tunic... Eagle is well seated & looks original applied. Just my opinion

Thanks for the quick reply and info it helps.

?

Seems to be a interesting walking out jacket. Ek2 and ostfront in loophole. the ribbons are the early ones from before the serious outbreak of ww2. Sudetenland and Austria and SA medal on pocket.

I like the jacket. I seems like the KRETA has been there some time.

Have you thought of phoning Herr Pliml? He might take the call.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Seems to be a interesting walking out jacket. Ek2 and ostfront in loophole. the ribbons are the early ones from before the serious outbreak of ww2. Sudetenland and Austria and SA medal on pocket.

I like the jacket. I seems like the KRETA has been there some time.
    Thank you. I appreciate the information and help.

What are your thoughts on the shoulder boards. Was it commen to have a number on them?

Rockett

Quote by Rockett View Post
    Thank you. I appreciate the information and help.

What are your thoughts on the shoulder boards. Was it commen to have a number on them?

Rockett

Yes...it is seen occasionally regiment #s' on officer boards. Absolutely

Quote by real steel View Post
    Yes...it is seen occasionally regiment #s' on officer boards. Absolutely
    Alright. Thanks for the info.

Pardon me, but why are there two photos of Patrick Kiser at the bottom? NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Pardon me, but why are there two photos of Patrick Kiser at the bottom? NH
    The two photos are for comparison. I was perusing the web and found the uniform looked the exact same so I posted them with the other photos. I had mentioned it above referencing his uniform how it was the same tunic and shoulder boards except without the 100.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast