Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gebirgsjäger uniform

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I wonder if you could help me out in identifying the makers marks on this uniform, the buttons and other items that are essential to my conflict archaeology and WW2 research

Jan
    ?

Default Gebirgsjäger uniform

Hello gentlemen,

I wonder if you could help me out in identifying the makers marks on this uniform, the buttons and other items that are essential to my conflict archaeology and WW2 research.

All the items are original to one Gebirgsjäger who eventually lost his life in the fighting at the Eismeerfront (Parkkina).

All help welcome!

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjäger uniform   Gebirgsjäger uniform  

Gebirgsjäger uniform   Gebirgsjäger uniform  

Gebirgsjäger uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjäger uniform
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Here are the EK awards.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjäger uniform   Gebirgsjäger uniform  

Gebirgsjäger uniform  

Jan
    ?

Four year service medal.

Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

And some cap decals.

Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

Dagger.

Best, Jan

Gebirgsjäger uniform  

Jan
    ?

And finally a russian medal that was encountered when going through the Gebirgsjägers belongings.

All help welcome with this one too!

Best, Jan

Gebirgsjäger uniform  

Jan
    ?

Sturmabzeichen.

Best, Jan

Gebirgsjäger uniform  

Jan
    ?

Lots of documents later...

Best, Jan

Quote by Jan View Post
    All the items are original to one Gebirgsjäger who eventually lost his life in the fighting at the Eismeerfront (Parkkina).
    While a member of the Gebirgstruppe [mountain troops], he was not with the Gebirgsjäger [mountain infantry], but the Gebirgsartillerie [mountain artillery].

(Gebirgstruppe was the collective designation for all mountain troops, which included the Gebirgsjäger [mountain infantry], Gebirgspioniere [mountain engineers], Gebirgsartillerie [mountain artillery] and the Gebirgsnachrichtentruppe [mountain signals]. Gebirgsjäger is often misunderstood to refer to any mountain troops, which is incorrect.)

Quote by Jan View Post
    I wonder if you could help me out in identifying the makers marks on this uniform, the buttons and other items that are essential to my conflict archaeology and WW2 research.
    The maker's mark "JFS" on the buttons is for Josef Feix & Söhne. The company is still in business, by the way:
    Feix Druckguss

The makers of the dagger, cap and Ostmedaille are, of course, spelt out on the actual items: C. Gustav Spitzer of Solingen, August Schellenberg of Berlin and Karl Wurster of Markneukirchen in Saxony.

The "St 41" stamp in the field blouse identifies the Heeresbekleidungsamt Stettin [Army uniform office Stettin] and the year of procurement (1941). Above this are size markings. It is an enlisted-grade field blouse; officers could draw these from unit stocks against payment.

Quote by Jan View Post
    And finally a russian medal that was encountered when going through the Gebirgsjägers belongings. All help welcome with this one too!
    It's not Russian, but Bulgarian. This is the Soldier's Cross for Bravery in War, 2nd Class.

Jan
    ?

Thank you so much about the info especially regarding the Bulgarian. Soldier's Cross for Bravery in War, 2nd Class. It fits the soldiers war history.

Best,

Jan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast