MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Gebirgsjager Uniform

Article about: I bought a WW2 German uniform about a year ago. It was listed as a Gebirgsjager Officer uniform. I have Officer riding pants and a tunic with the Edelweiss patch. I noticed that the collar t

Default Gebirgsjager Uniform

I bought a WW2 German uniform about a year ago. It was listed as a Gebirgsjager Officer uniform. I have Officer riding pants and a tunic with the Edelweiss patch. I noticed that the collar tabs and shoulder boards look to be of an infantry officer, I think Lieutenant. I have pics below. I would like to know if the uniform that I have is correct? Also does a steel helmet and the black officer belt go together too? Thanks for your time.
    Gebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager Uniform

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjager Uniform
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the Forum hartcoemt, to get the correct information if you could take some clearer pictures that would help greatly..the more photos and detail will help in identification

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

The belt could be postwar? We would need better detail pics.

The shoulder boards and collar tabs are Infanterie, therefore the Edelweiss GJ patch should not be there. Good clear close up pics are needed to see what restoration might have been done to determine which insignia is original to the tunic.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here are more pics of the belt.Gebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager Uniform

I've got more pics up of the belt, I hope these help.

Default Need help! Gebirgsjager Uniform addition

Here are more pics of behind the collar and under the shoulder boards, I couldn't unbutton it because I was scared to harming the shoulder board. I also found a couple tags in the uniform pocket that I thick is from the tailor. Gebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager UniformGebirgsjager Uniform

?

Please Take outside photos in natural daylight.
    Check other threads to see how others has taken photos of their uniforms.

It is very important to know that poor photos is a waste of time.

Ok, I'll post pics outside in a couple of days. Thanks!