Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Afrika Korps Pith Helmet ORIGINAL OR FAKE?

Article about: I'm looking in buying this helmet, but I'm not sure if it's original or fake and how much this one really worth. Someone can help me? Thank

Question German Afrika Korps Pith Helmet ORIGINAL OR FAKE?

I'm looking in buying this helmet, but I'm not sure if it's original or fake and how much this one really worth. Someone can help me? Thank
    Attached Images Attached Images German Afrika Korps Pith Helmet ORIGINAL OR FAKE?  German Afrika Korps Pith Helmet ORIGINAL OR FAKE?  German Afrika Korps Pith Helmet ORIGINAL OR FAKE?  German Afrika Korps Pith Helmet ORIGINAL OR FAKE? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Afrika Korps Pith Helmet ORIGINAL OR FAKE?
    P
    Many

Wow she has seen better days but could be worse and value would be lower than the norm IMO.
    Contact member Jerry bond as he knows these inside and out or he may see this.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Looks like a genuine tropical(not just DAK)pith helmet. Due to the condition, it is not something I would buy as it will never improve in appearance. These are not that rare so if you have patience, a nice one will come along. For me, any input of cash on this one except for salvaging the shields, is a waste of money.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

100% riginal one but as ugly as a basketful of busted a######s!Too bad many of these helmets got crushed and smashed along the years.Shop around and you'll find much better ones!
    Horrido!

Its an original 1st pattern pith.
    If its not too expensive i would buy it, its a nice display piece.
    But there are many others out there, so it just a matter of looking and you will find a better condition one.
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

I agree with my colleagues. $75-$80 would be a reasonable price for one in this condition. It could display semi-okay if the stained part is faced away from view . As said, it's better to be patient , as there are many out there. The second type is more prevelant though.

Nice original pith helmet with both shields damaged from stain as you well know. timothy

?

If the price is right go for it. Always buy at a price you know you can, at minimum, make your money back on. As collectors we do not buy to make profit, BUT, we also do not buy to lose money.

Thank guys for the help

Question

What you guys can tell me about this GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE JACKET AND CAP? Original?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Afrika Korps Pith Helmet ORIGINAL OR FAKE?   German Afrika Korps Pith Helmet ORIGINAL OR FAKE?  

German Afrika Korps Pith Helmet ORIGINAL OR FAKE?   German Afrika Korps Pith Helmet ORIGINAL OR FAKE?  

German Afrika Korps Pith Helmet ORIGINAL OR FAKE?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast