Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Aviator Helmets

Article about: Hello, I inherited my collection of WW2 memorabilia about 5 years ago (some items earlier) from my grandfather. Each piece was directly brought back to the U.S. by my grandfather at the end

?

Default German Aviator Helmets

Hello,

I inherited my collection of WW2 memorabilia about 5 years ago (some items earlier) from my grandfather. Each piece was directly brought back to the U.S. by my grandfather at the end of the war.

My grandfather brought back three German aviator helmets. Any information as to the history/value/etc. of these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gaines
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Aviator Helmets   German Aviator Helmets  

German Aviator Helmets   German Aviator Helmets  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Aviator Helmets
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Aviator Helmets

Hello Gaines,
    I'm not very knowledgeable about pilot's stuff...but those flight helmets are Siemens LPkW101 (written on labels). As they're fur lined, they're most probably for winter use. I can't help you concerning the value...if you google its name, perhaps you'll find some for sale on some dealer's sites....sorry if i can't help you more.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

WOW! great and excellent cond.

ian
    ?

you have 3 wonderfull helmets there ,, thay are worth a lot of money i would think cheers ian
    think about it before you even think of selling them
    they are in such goo condition believe me they will make very good $$$$

Man, it looks like those things just came out of the factory! Very nice

Regards,
    Finn

?

Thanks everyone, and especially JPhilip, for the helpful information.

Rommel, it's funny that you said "man, it looks like those things just came out of the factory!" On June 24 of 1945, my grandfather wrote the following in his journal (emphasis added): "Left Walldürn and 63rd Div. for 100th Div. Arrived in Geislingen, 100th Div. H qs at 2:30 p.m. Slept in factory." I remember him telling me that some of the items came from a factory. Most likely these include the helmets. I'm almost positive the bayonets came from the factory because they still have the red-felt plugs.

Cam anyone give me advice about care for these helmets? Would it be alright for me to put a leather conditioner/preserver on them, or no?

Thanks,
    Gaines

?

I would like to address something that another member brought to my attention; the fact that I ask about opinions on value in my threads. I didn’t know that some members look down on, or withhold information/ignore posts that ask about value. I do not plan on selling any of my grandfather's items, nor do I have ulterior motives for asking about value. I just want to complete the research on these items that my grandfather started, and this includes information pertaining to identification, age, location, value, and/or anything else I can get.

I also ask for value because I want to preserve the rarest/most valuable items (like the Rohm dagger, for example) as best I can first, and I currently have limited space (and time) to properly secure/preserve all of the items. So, considering that I will most likely have these until I am dead, or god forbid they are stolen, I would like to get as much information about them as possible.

I thought this would be the best place to stick this little disclaimer because the only item that I would even consider trading is one of the helmets, and that’s only because I have three that are almost identical. I eventually want to expand my collection (which currently consists entirely of my gf’s items), but I simply do not have the funds to do it right now. Out of all the items my grandfather brought back, he didn’t bring back a single SS item (don’t get me wrong, he brought back a lot of other super-awesome items). If some rare situation arose where there was an SS item that I just had to have and the person happened to be looking for an aviator helmet, then I MIGHT consider making a trade. Ideally (and most likely) I will wait until I have the funds and then expand my collection, as not to part with a sentimental item that I could never get back.

Thanks,
    Gaines

wow really? funny, that was just a wild guest!

Regards,
    Finn

ian
    ?

with all due respect ,, we can only say what we can say
    something is only worth what someone is willing to pay
    we on this forum /and i dont at all speak for the forum / find it dificult ,or even imposible to value items ,we can only give you a ,or opinions as to authenticity
    you will find many very knowlageble peaople here , but no one wants to put a value on items . some will most wont ,, cheers ian

ian
    ?

its 2 am here in the uk amd ive had a lot to drink so please dont take what i have said the wrong way it is meant with the greatest of respect cheers ian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast