Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Badges??

Article about: Dear All, I was wondering if you might be able to help me again. I have been clearing through a few more items and come across those shown below. I was wondering if members might be able to

Johnnie13
    ?

Default German Badges??

Dear All,

I was wondering if you might be able to help me again. I have been clearing through a few more items and come across those shown below. I was wondering if members might be able to tell me what they are, and if they are real. They were all bought about 15 years ago when I was first collecting military items.

Any help would be great,

Johnnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Badges??   German Badges??  

German Badges??   German Badges??  

2. # ADS

Johnnie13
    ?

Default Re: German Badges??

A few more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Badges??   German Badges??  

German Badges??   German Badges??  

Hi Johnnie, you have a mixture of good and bad here.

The first item is a Luftwaffe NCO's cap wreath and cockade which is good.

Next is an SS cap eagle which is fake.

Lutfwaffe breast eagle and flight personel trade badge, both are good.

Heer Generals breast eagle which is fake.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Johnnie

I agree with Adrian, I hope this helps...

Greetz

Nick VR

Johnnie13
    ?

Thnak you very much for the replies. It is always good to learn a little more about the items.

I had thought that tha first item and last item were fake (everything about the last item seems a little new and wrong), but it is good to hear that the first item if ok.

I didn't know what the second badge was but while photographing it noticed a small symbol on the left hand side (when looking at the back) and thought it might be ok, but it's good to know that its a fake.

Could anybody tell me what the flight personel trade badge is for (engineer?), and is it possible to get a rough date for the items?

Johnnie

Hi Johnnie, they all date roughly between 1939 - 1945.

The Flight badge was worn by aircrew who were not entitled to wear the metal Pilots, Observers or Radio operators badges.

The small circular symbol you noticed on the SS deathshead cap badge would be the RZM mark.

Cheers, Ade.

Johnnie13
    ?

Many thanks for the additional information.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of a real SS cap eagle which is
    real, and to tell me how to spot a fake (I am always keen to learn about such items).

I was also wondering if anybody had an idea of what the items are worth (the real items as I guess the fake bits and bobs are worth nothing).

As an aside, I have another Luftwaffe breast eagle which my grandfather took from a German airman in Norway at the end of the war (my grandfather was in bomber command). I also have an altimeter which he took from a German aircraft, and had mounted which still records changes in pressure.

Johnnie

Hi Johnnie

Prices given my range a bit but this is what I think are realistic prices for your items:

Fakes: 0 Euro
    Luftwaffe NCO's cap wreath: 10 Euro
    Lutfwaffe breast eagle: 30 Euro
    Flight personel trade badge: 30 Euro

I think they will be able to help you faster on SS insignia forum with those eagle examples...

Greetz

Nick VR

Hi Johnnie, the SS cap badges were made by many different makers and there are many small but important detail differences between each makers examples. Materials used can differ too. This is a big subject to cover. There are several good ones shown on the SS forum. Take a look there. But in the meantime, here is one of mine.

I would love to see the items your Grandad brought home please.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Badges??  

Johnnie13
    ?

Thanks for all the help with this.

I have just managed to sort out my grandfathers items so will post a thread with them.

Johnnie