Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Combat Tunic?? If not what is it please!!

Article about: Bit of a mash up of everything. Post water tunic and it looks like someone has tried to glue a sleeve eagle on. Morris

Default German Combat Tunic?? If not what is it please!!

German Combat Tunic??  If not what is it please!!German Combat Tunic??  If not what is it please!!German Combat Tunic??  If not what is it please!!German Combat Tunic??  If not what is it please!!German Combat Tunic??  If not what is it please!!German Combat Tunic??  If not what is it please!!German Combat Tunic??  If not what is it please!!German Combat Tunic??  If not what is it please!!German Combat Tunic??  If not what is it please!!German Combat Tunic??  If not what is it please!!German Combat Tunic??  If not what is it please!!Hi again. Another request for information from a newby!! Many years ago I aquired the tunic in the photos. I have pondered over it off and on since and looked through a number of uniform books but to no avail!! It resembles a reed green combat tunic however?? It appears to have had a cuff band attached and to have had an SS arm eagle. I hasten to say that I am not impressed by either. The photos are:

1. Full front of the jacket.
    2. Left front.
    3. Collar, back and shoulders.
    4. Full back.
    5. Right front inside.
    6. Left front inside.
    7. Left sleave.
    8. Right Sleave.
    9. Full insde.
    10. Pocket flaps and arm pit.
    11. Bandage pocket.

Once again, I would be most greatful for any coments, opinions or constructive critisism any of our members would care to make on this item as it is a puzzle to me. For anyone prepared to venture an opinion, thank you in advance. I look forward to some more interesting and informative misives. With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael Ryan
    PS, I have loads more items of great interest or bits of junk (depending on your points of view) to bore you all with!!! Cheers MR
    PPS. Sorry but the photos have been uploaded out of sequence!! Cheers again MR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Combat Tunic??  If not what is it please!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Combat Tunic?? If not what is it please!!

Hi MR,

I can't see any pics.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Michael, the mods will bin your thread if you don't post some piccies of it !!! ( they didn't show up )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi, The pictures now in situ!! They took a few minutes to upload but should be with you now!! Says he hopefully Cheers Michael R

Post war, but what I don't know. The selvedge center back seam is not something seen on WWII German cloth items and the shape of the collar lapels is not WWII either IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi, Thank you for your swift reply. A question if I may? You say that it is not WWII German and that you do not know what it is so what draws you to the conclusion that it is a post war item? This is not a smart ass question, I am genuinely interested in its age. With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Post war, but what I don't know. The selvedge center back seam is not something seen on WWII German cloth items and the shape of the collar lapels is not WWII either IMHO.
    I have already given some of my reasons if you care to read my answer more closely.
    Regards,

Jerry

Ok, Sorry I asked Regards MR

Fred Green
    ?

Hello Michael,

I believe that it is a post-war tunic also. The color, armpit vent holes, cut of the collar to name a few.

Fred

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Ok, Sorry I asked Regards MR
    No need to be sorry.

The air vents under the armpits are not of the type I recognise on German WWII period items, though some tropical tunics had them, but not in this arrangement and not on the tunics that this type is copying. Insignia was never glued in place. The weave of the fabric does not look the same as that used during WWII.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast