Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Fur Apparel

Article about: Ushankas provide phenomenal warmth for heads, plus they "borrowed" T-34 sloped armor too, right?

Default German Fur Apparel

Hello, I was wondering about German furry stuff. There are the fur hats, the fur M36 coat seen here on the left...

German Fur Apparel

Here are a few questions I have.

1. The winter furry hat was issued from 1943, right?
    2. When did the white collar jacket get issued?
    3. Is the furry jacket private purchase?
    4. What's the deal with German purple pants? Those were early war before the feldgrau ones?
    5. Finally, when did the crushers get issued and who got them?

I'm talking fur hats like this Pickelhaubes.Com • View topic - German Winter Caps from WW2

And yes, purple like German Fur Apparel
    Last edited by Luftwaffe Hauptmann; 01-30-2014 at 02:10 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Fur Apparel
    P
    Many

1, the guy in the furry hat looks Russian to me.
    2, the coat is a mouse grey parka with reversible snow camo, first issued in late 1942 i think.

3. The fur collared greatcoat is private purchase.
    4. Purple???????
    5. Heer Officers only. Seach "Feldmutze alter art". Officially discontinued from wear in 1938 with the introduction of the sidecap for Officers, but allowed to be worn until 1942. Worn long after by those that had already bought them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    3. The fur collared greatcoat is private purchase.
    4. Purple???????
    5. Heer Officers only. Seach "Feldmutze alter art". Officially discontinued from wear in 1938 with the introduction of the sidecap for Officers, but allowed to be worn until 1942. Worn long after by those that had already bought them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Added photo to OP.

The guy on the right wearing the fur hat is Russian as you can see his collar tabs on the great coat , Are these German officers POWs?

I would say POW Russian can be seen in the background wearing the overcoat with Russian tabs. I think the pants on the models are meant to be stone gray and not purple I don't know of anything purple. timothy

Purple LOL. These are Stone grey, worn pre war and early war, Poland and France.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

'Purple Pants'-wasn't that a song by Prince back in the 80s?

Looks stone purple to me, haha! And everyone keeps looking at the soviet. It's a picture of the German generals as prisoners. I'm talking about the German fur cap with the eagle stabbed in.

The Germans were impressed with the Soviet fake fur cap, the Ushanka. They used captured ones with new eagle insignia to replace the red star. By 1943 they had virtually copied the cap themselves. Most were made of rabbbit fur.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast