Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....

Article about: Hello, I thought that it might be interesting to have a thread concerning the german Gebirgsjäger in this subforum. Many collectors are fans of Gebirgstruppen, so if you have some copyright

Default Re : Eidelweiss Uniform

I recently sold these units to a guy in South Carolina, USA........ I thought they were extremely nice and thought you might be interested in seeing what they looked like up close and personal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....   The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....  

The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....   The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....  

The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....   The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....
    P
    Many

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....  

?

My great uncles Anton and Lenzi. 2nd portrait from unknown Gebirgs Regiment, rest from 13 Kompanie of the Gebirgs Jager Regiment 98. Grave site near Nyzhni Sirohozy, Ukraine (Anton died from bullet wound to leg believed to occur when attacking Anti-Tank ditch in Tymoshivka, Ukraine in 1941). Marching photo unsure. Camp photo supposedly taken somewhere in Russia.

The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....

?

Default Gebirgsjager Troops ?

discussed about a year ago on the forum....

apparent Gebirgsjager cleated boots and maybe a mountain cap in hand.

German Infantry in France?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....  

?

Default Gebirgsjaeger Regiment 100 of the 5 Gebirgs Division

Here are some pictures from my lot of photos from Gebirgsjaeger Regiment 100 of the 5 Gebirgs Division. The photos show GJ troops of the unit executing unarmed civilians by the roadside, salty images of GJ troops in the field, graves, much destruction, troops with grenades at ready, winter camo, officers, troops in foxholes in field, advancing through burning towns and villages.

The 100th GJR transferred to the 5th GJD from the 1st GJD in 1940 as part of the 5th’s creation. The regiment went on to serve in the 5th GJD continuously until war’s end. The regiment began its service in 5th GJD in the Balkans, spearheading the breakthrough of the Metaxas Line and marching through Solonika into Athens. It then airlanded in Crete and pushed the New Zealanders from their positions around the airfield, earning the golden KRETA stripe for their distinctive uniforms. The regiment fought throughout 1942 and 1943 as part of Army Group North, serving with seven different army corps as the “fire brigade” of 18th Army. In December 1943, the 5th GJD transferred to Italy. Over the next sixteen months, the 100th Regiment fought a series of delaying actions in the Appenines against troops from seven different allied nationalities. Troops from the regiment are the last German soldiers to fight in an alpine environment, combating the French in the Western Alps in April 1945.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....   The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....  

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Default Gebirgsjager Photo Album Pictures

Here are pictures from another group of photos from my Gebirgsjager Photo Album. Good images of GJ troops in the Alps and high mountain positions, GJ officers, field optics, artillery cannons, vehicles, good STURMGESCHUTZ images on the move in the field, knocked out Russian tanks, field bivouacs, captured Russian artillery, Russian POWs, nice images of Red Cross marked GJ motorcycle & sidecar, knocked out Russian heavy artillery image, GJ graves in the field, Russian river crossings, exhausted troops resting in the field, knocked out Russian concrete Bunker positions, and more.

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

To keep that thread going
    Porträt of Hptm Brachetka who served with the XXXXIX GEB.A.K. [Gebirgsjager Division].
    I own also one of his tunics. His M43 cap is unique

PRE
    ?

Late to the party, but thanks to all for sharing your pictures with the rest of us.

One of Rossi's pictures (Post#95) appears to show not a German GJ, but a Yugoslavian soldier eating from a mess tin. Note the distinctive cap and his use of a Czech VZ-24 rifle.

Pat

I will add the only Gebirgsjäger photo from my family and personal photo collection. The soldat indicated by the "x" was a school friend on my mothers.
    Nothing written on the reverse and I have no idea of the location.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Gerbirgstruppe Im Osten Boxed Photo Album

This is a pretty neat set of numbered photos from a Jager Regiment I just sold to a fellow in NZ. Lots of really neat pictures.

The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....The German Gebirgstruppen in period pics....

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast