Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A German Heer Eagle Badge Original or Fake

Article about: Dear forum members Frank from the museum here again. I would like to ask your exepertise to determine if this Heer Eagel is genuine or fake? Hoping to hear from you. Wishing you a very good

Default A German Heer Eagle Badge Original or Fake

Dear forum members

Frank from the museum here again. I would like to ask your exepertise to determine if this Heer Eagle is genuine or fake? Hoping to hear from you. Wishing you a very good weekend!

Sincerely,

Frank

A German Heer Eagle Badge Original or FakeA German Heer Eagle Badge Original or Fake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A German Heer Eagle Badge Original or Fake
    P
    Many

Even though the stamping detail is there it does look VERY Pigeon headed to me Frank .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Danmark, so I asume a Pigeon head is not good right? :-)

Quote by DDayNormandy1944 View Post
    Hi Danmark, so I asume a Pigeon head is not good right? :-)
    Sorry, yeah my dry Aussie humour...... the belt buckle guys use the term "pigeon head" to identify something that looks odd and less like an eagle than it should... therefore ( possibly / probably ) counterfeit. But wait for some others before you decide its fate in the museum.

Regards, Dan

Hi Dan!
    Don't worry I like you sense of humor! :-) I will wait for the other to shed a light on it too.

Regards,
    Frank

While not the best design, it is a good late war original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Dear Adrian,
    Thank you so much for your message. So it os original? Which design would you recommend having? It the design bad because at the end of the war the did not put as much effort into fabrication anymore? A seller need to find me an original Heer eagle should I ask him for a better design one?

Cheers
    Frank

Hi Frank, nothing wrong with it. I would be happy to own it.

Here is another late war eagle from my collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A German Heer Eagle Badge Original or Fake   A German Heer Eagle Badge Original or Fake  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade!

What a nice item! So what about the "pigeon"" head remark made by Danmark? I just want to receive an original this time. I thought I had bought a HEER eagle but it turned out to be a Railroad or Postworker's eagle. Is there a way to be absolutely certain? I am totally new at this "collecting". I have been collecting stories from veterans for over 20 years but never items. So any of your precious insights are so welcome! Thx again!

Cheers
    Frank

Hey Frank. I said to wait for an expert and Ade is one!
    The term I used was as i described ( how it looked ) but if the late war ones look a bit "pigeony" then thats how they are.
    Cheers Dan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast