Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German heer m 36 tailor made tunic, oberst, 2nd infantry regt.knights cross winner?

Article about: I thought to post my recent acquisition of an infantry colonels tailor made jacket . its insignia are i believe original except for Brustadler which ive applied. What makes this tunic intere

Default German heer m 36 tailor made tunic, oberst, 2nd infantry regt.knights cross winner?

German heer m 36 tailor made tunic, oberst, 2nd infantry regt.knights cross winner?German heer m 36 tailor made tunic, oberst, 2nd infantry regt.knights cross winner?German heer m 36 tailor made tunic, oberst, 2nd infantry regt.knights cross winner?I thought to post my recent acquisition of an infantry colonels tailor made jacket . its insignia are i believe original except for Brustadler which ive applied. What makes this tunic interesting is the numerous award loops . Certainly the owner had a Deutcher Kreuz ,alongside the familiar EKI and above loops for its bar. I believe the owner was a Ritterkreuz trager as the sewn loop at rhe neck closure would have helped steady it . I have never thought about the way the Knights cross needed securing to keep it centered correctly but surely that most likely explains the fastening hook ? Im hoping to find as many original and some replica awards to complete it and wondering what possibility i may have to research a likely name to the Colonel ? Thanks for your opinions all !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German heer m 36 tailor made tunic, oberst, 2nd infantry regt.knights cross winner?   German heer m 36 tailor made tunic, oberst, 2nd infantry regt.knights cross winner?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German heer m 36 tailor made tunic, oberst, 2nd infantry regt.knights cross winner?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German heer m 36 tailor made tunic, oberst, 2nd infantry regt.knights cross winner?

Hi Rob, provided the rank strap and numerial is original to the tunic. It should be possible to find out all the CO's of Infanterie Regt 2. Given the rank he would have been CO.

Here is a link to get you started:

Infanterieregiment 2 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

However, I must say I have real concerns that those straps have been refitted. The cloth looks rather puckered up around the shoulders.

Still a nice tunic.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: German heer m 36 tailor made tunic, oberst, 2nd infantry regt.knights cross winner?

Thanks for the info Ade .
    I had the tunic on a narrow shouldered female (!) mannikin so it did crease at the shoulder. Ive re photographed with a wide coat hanger and padded so you can see the way the straps are stitched. came out of a German auction house.( i know that doesnt neccesarily prove anything today ,though its better than ebay !)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German heer m 36 tailor made tunic, oberst, 2nd infantry regt.knights cross winner?   German heer m 36 tailor made tunic, oberst, 2nd infantry regt.knights cross winner?  

Now that looks much better!

Cheers, Ade.