Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German insignia lot bullion breast eagle, collar tab & orange shoulder board for review ???

Article about: Hello what are your thoughts on these pieces I know breast eagles are a mine field is the orange board for police ? Looking around the stuff looks ok but im still not sure thank you for your

?

Default German insignia lot bullion breast eagle, collar tab & orange shoulder board for review ???

Hello
    what are your thoughts on these pieces
    I know breast eagles are a mine field
    is the orange board for police ?
    Looking around the stuff looks ok but im still not sure
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German insignia lot  bullion breast eagle, collar tab & orange shoulder board for review ???   German insignia lot  bullion breast eagle, collar tab & orange shoulder board for review ???  

German insignia lot  bullion breast eagle, collar tab & orange shoulder board for review ???   German insignia lot  bullion breast eagle, collar tab & orange shoulder board for review ???  

German insignia lot  bullion breast eagle, collar tab & orange shoulder board for review ???   German insignia lot  bullion breast eagle, collar tab & orange shoulder board for review ???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German insignia lot  bullion breast eagle, collar tab & orange shoulder board for review ???
    P
    Many

German insignia lot  bullion breast eagle, collar tab & orange shoulder board for review ???Hi Tony, Im more into high ranking insignia but...your breast eagle looks okay and backing wool likes good to me, the collar tab looks good but I have never seen one that close before and shows original treats, again the backing wool looks good. As it's all sewn together you can not see the buckram or cardboard backing. Sometimes these were removed for the wearers comfort. The shoulder board I believe by the thinness is a majors rank. Police insignia also comes in green and orange backing.
    I'm sure others will have their say later.
    Regards SK
    Last edited by Silberkreuz; 07-22-2014 at 04:03 PM.

?

Hello SilberKreuz
    thank you for the help and info
    much appreciated
    Tony

?

The shoulder strap isn't Police, but Army recruitment service. Military Police wore the same orange Waffenfarbe throughout the war but the Roman Numeral VII is the Wehrkreis (Military District) number - in this case based in Munich - which would not be worn by Military Police. Recruitment service later changed to white Waffenfarbe, so the piece in question would an early strap for a Major in the Army recruitment service.(Wehrersatzwesen)

Hi Redcap, this would explain why there is a Heer Officers breast eagle, and not a mixture of insignia. All makes sense that all this insignia was stripped of a tunic.
    Regards SK

?

Hello
    thank you all for the info
    always learning something
    Tony