Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German lightweight tunic Heer, Ostfront

Article about: Dear all, May I show you this private purchased/depot made lightweight tunic of an "Oberfeld" please? All the time it was a strong wish of me to get a Wehrmacht tunic. Now I have d

Default German lightweight tunic Heer, Ostfront

Dear all,

May I show you this private purchased/depot made lightweight tunic of an "Oberfeld" please? All the time it was a strong wish of me to get a Wehrmacht tunic. Now I have done, it's on hold so the anticipation ist much greater for me. I am enjoying it very much

I have chosen consciously Espenlaub Militaria as my provider so I think it's authenticity is not in question, istn't it?

According to my sources those kind of tunic was used originally at the Eastern Front, but could be seen on all frontlines in summer 1943/44. I would be very pleased if you had some more information about this tunic, e.g. hints about the time period of its production, occasions about its use?

All comments are wellcome.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

German lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, OstfrontGerman lightweight tunic Heer, Ostfront
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German lightweight tunic Heer, Ostfront
    P
    Many

?

Yes Espenlaub is very decent. I highly recommend them to anyone serious into studying our conflict history.

And also, you have included a good piece of WW2 history into your collection. They often used Soviet tents for making these summer jackets. Now get the rest of it assembled on a mannequin and placed into a full size display box with museumsquality lightning.

Dear TrondK,

Thank you very much for your kind answer! And great idea to display it in such a way.

I think I have to wait for such a nice display until our children will leave us and I will get a "muse's chamber" for my own. In the meantime a solid cabinet would do it

Since such a tunic is a rather expensive project I have told it to my wife. She has given her okay to a tunic if the moths don't eat it. With this kind of tunic the danger is minimal for the most part

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    P.S.: More comments and opinions about the tunic are very wellcome.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

A very nice example. I have a similar one in my collection. I have shown it on the forum in the dim and distant past.

Popular items with NCO's and Officers.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice !

The moths may attack your shoulder boards & collar tabs.... but think you should be moth free on the tunic.

First I have seen of this model. It's nice

Dear Ade, dear meyle77, dear real steel,

Thank you very much for your pleasant answers!

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Dear all,

May I ask you please if someone has some comtemporary photos of soldiers wearing such a kind of tunic?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

don't want to hijack this thread but any feedback on this one - HBT Artillery Oberleutnant tunic - new addition

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    don't want to hijack this thread but any feedback on this one - HBT Artillery Oberleutnant tunic - new addition
    With pleasure, no problem at all !

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast