Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

German mantel some questions

Article about: I am interested in this mantel but i have some questions i know it is a a bad shape but i want want to restor this one. The mantel has kriegsmarine buttons so i think coast artillery ,is it

Fred Green

This overcoat appears to be an early costal artillery overcoat. Take a look inside of the overcoat for markings. If it has KM or CA markings I would not change the buttons out. The lining is not a typical Heer lining.

2. # ADS

The buttons look correct on this. A nice mantel of coastal artillery. It does not look private purchase, but the lining is strange being that purple color. It could have been replaced at some point in it's 70 year lifespan. I hate to see things like this possibly going to the trash. I was at a flea market one time and I asked a guy if he had any tunics. (as he had other ww1/ww2 US pieces). He said he used to have a WW1 tunic, but it had some moth holes so he stripped the buttons and threw the tunic away. What a shame. It survived two world wars just to get thrown away. SAVE THIS PIECE haha

The seller ask 140 so not so much anybody knows why this one is a view inches shortered?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12