Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German mantel some questions

Article about: I am interested in this mantel but i have some questions i know it is a a bad shape but i want want to restor this one. The mantel has kriegsmarine buttons so i think coast artillery ,is it

Default German mantel some questions

I am interested in this mantel but i have some questions i know it is a a bad shape but i want want to restor this one.
    The mantel has kriegsmarine buttons so i think coast artillery ,is it possible that i change al te buttons for the standard wehrmacht buttons?I want to make a normal wehrmacht coat of it.

Pics

German mantel some questionsGerman mantel some questionsGerman mantel some questionsGerman mantel some questions

i know it is not the best one but i want to save it from te trah can.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German mantel some questions
    P
    Many

This thing looks like it's been through a war..... No Pun intended..
    Where did you find this? if you don't mind me asking.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

don't want to be pedantic but you've got it buttoned up the wrong way!...

i want to buy it from another collector and make a little project of it.This one is heavy used but i like that save it from the trash can.

i have not yet buy it i am interested can i use standard wehrmacht buttons?

I am no expert on these at all. But it is worth saving from the trash in my opinion. I wouldn't give too much for it.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Personaly I'd leave the buttons alone as it looks or maybe Koastal Art as you state buttons are probably original to Mantel and nothing can be changed by removing them. Coastal Art would be a lot harder Mantel to come by than a standard Heer. See what the uniform guys say this is just my opinion I usually don't mess with anything if it appears to came that way. timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    Personaly I'd leave the buttons alone as it looks or maybe Koastal Art as you state buttons are probably original to Mantel and nothing can be changed by removing them. Coastal Art would be a lot harder Mantel to come by than a standard Heer. See what the uniform guys say this is just my opinion I usually don't mess with anything if it appears to came that way. timothy
    Yup i agree!.....

Looks like its missing a good couple of inches from the bottom, as if it was shortend at one point. Maybe when it is buttoned up correct the damage is less visible, or maybe it is even worse wen buttened up correct. Ask the seller how it looks when correctly butened.
    Changing the buttons to Heer isn't to difficult as basicly its the same Mantel, I would keep these KM buttons in the pocket, so it can always be changed back.
    If the condition is to rough it could always be used rolled up and placed on a Affe. And make sure all the moths and larvae are dead before you place it between other wool uniforms that make a nice munchy dinner for them! I do that by putting items in a plastic bag and in the freezer for a week or so. Once bought a Forestry Jacke from a German seller which had creepy crawly moth larvea in the seams and pockets!

Ok i ask the seller if this mantel is shortend did they do that wartime maybe because it was damaged?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast