Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German and other insignia, hats

Article about: I am sorry that some non-German stuff is in the picture causing me to be a bit off topic. Unfortunately, I wasn't in control of the photography situation. Some of this I have a pretty good i

JKK
    ?

Default German and other insignia, hats

I am sorry that some non-German stuff is in the picture causing me to be a bit off topic. Unfortunately, I wasn't in control of the photography situation.
    German and other insignia, hats
    Some of this I have a pretty good idea of, at least I think. At top I see what I think is a standard midwar German M43 enlisted man's service cap, worth in the low three figures US$ perhaps if authentic in good condition--many were made, perhaps many did not survive in good shape?

Red lightning bolt patch I make out to be a German artillery signals trade (proficiency) badge, WWII, worth about US$30.

The I in the grey wreath absolutely eludes me. The insignia looks German to my untrained eye. Any ideas?

I suspect the gold badge just below the wreath is a Kriegsmarine breast badge worth maybe US$60.

That's an Italian Fascist fez at bottom with an unidentifiable small airplane badge sitting on it, plus a Luftwaffe breast badge, correct? Sadly the angle does not get us a better look at the badge on the fez. I would guess the badge's value neighborhood of US$30, the fez around US$300.

The gold shoulderboard completely eludes me. I suspect it's someone's navy, and that's just a guess. Any idea?

At center is what I think is an Ordnungspolizei cap badge, enlisted, maybe worth US$50.

I'm probably wrong about some of this, maybe most, but I did make an effort of about three hours. I would really be glad for any confirmation, correction, or info.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German and other insignia, hats
    P
    Many

It's going to be hard to confirm originality with this poor quality photo!...

Quote by JKK View Post
    The I in the grey wreath absolutely eludes me. The insignia looks German to my untrained eye. Any ideas?
    Belgian collaboration: It's a breast patch for an auxiliary police/security formation, the Vlaamsche Wacht, specifically for its Afdeeling I (based at Ghent).

JKK
    ?

Absolutely. That's a factor with this whole situation for me. I'm handed poor quality photos which I have no power to have retaken or shot from a different angle, and I have to do my best, knowing that everyone will say the same as I did: "Good god, couldn't we have gotten some clearer photos, or at least turned stuff over so the insignia was more visible?" Quite right. I wish it were different, but am stuck with the way it is, and must just try anyway. If it were up to me, these would be zoomed in individually and you could almost count the threads. I appreciate the help in spite of the poor image quality.

I think you are pretty accurate in your analasys.
    The polizei patch is to be mounted on the sleeve. Your values are also fairly accurate, maybe a little low. Assuming they are all original.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

JKK
    ?

I must say, I enjoyed the heck out of doing the research. I felt underequipped, but one always does when doing something new. Didn't want to post it here until I felt I had exhausted what I could do on my own.

The luft eagle is the wrong way round and the Heer cap is not a M43, as they have a peak, it is a m34, though you might have done a typo. As has been mentioned, crappy pics to make a call on originality of these items.

You have overvalued the Coastal artillery eagle, as that is what I think it is and also the red blitz, they are not that pricey these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

JKK
    ?

Jerry, do you think the Luftwaffe eagle is wrong side up and we're seeing the back stitching? It's possible. I've seen situations where the back literally mirrored the front. That might be true of the police badge as well--now that I look at it, I see its swastika is backward. At least, I'm not aware of any case where German insignia purposefully put the swastika in reverse.

Yes, it is the backside showing, that is what I mean't when I posted it was the wrong way round. And the same for the Police arm badge.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

JKK
    ?

Okay. Please bear in mind that I come from the world of coin collecting, where there's no limit to how bad counterfeits can be (though some are frightfully good). I learned this when my local dealer handed me a 1943 US Morgan silver dollar in nice-looking condition, during a discussion of fakes. I just laughed with them, since we minted our last Morgans in 1921. So, my mental logic was, if counterfeiters are capable of going to enormous trouble to make a counterfeit of a coin that never authentically existed, it's quite possible for them to make that big a mistake on a stitched product (which is easier to make than a coin).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast