Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German tunic

Article about: Hi, What do you guys think about this jacket. Look pretty nice to me. artillery oberschutze if im right. bar = czechosolvakia ? Thanks

?

Default German tunic

Hi,

What do you guys think about this jacket.
    Look pretty nice to me.

artillery oberschutze if im right.
    bar = czechosolvakia ?

Thanks

German tunicGerman tunicGerman tunicGerman tunicGerman tunicGerman tunicGerman tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German tunic
    P
    Many

The photographs are not very good but I am very cautious with this one. I would have thought the lining was very unusual and I dont like the attachment of the belt hooks. Are there belt hooks at the front too? there should be. The collar does not do up as closely as I would expect and I'm not sure if the material or breast eagle is correct either, I just cant tell from the poor quality pictures. It does however have an authentic worn look to it, but I strongly suspect there is a problem with this one.

?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    The photographs are not very good but I am very cautious with this one. I would have thought the lining was very unusual and I dont like the attachment of the belt hooks. Are there belt hooks at the front too? there should be. The collar does not do up as closely as I would expect and I'm not sure if the material is correct either, I just cant tell from the poor quality pictures. It does however have an authentic worn look to it.
    Thanks for answer, im kinda looking for a nice tunic. This one is offered me, so these are photo's from the seller.

Stay away from it! It is not a Heer tunic!!! Fully lined, fake eagle, appear to be fake tabs and boards. Way more questions than answers. Run.

Fred

?

The lower pockets are wrong for a Heer tunic.

?

I also found this one.
    Just want 100% sure that i get a 100% good tunic ^^

German tunicGerman tunicGerman tunicGerman tunicGerman tunicGerman tunic

Hello,

Now this is a very nice enlisted man's tunic that has been upgraded for officer wear. This tunic is not without it's detractors also. There is some collar damage that looks substantial. Whomever put in the shoulder boards didn't do the best job of it. See the wrinkle at the board base? That should be smooth. The Breast eagle is an enlisted pattern and to me it appears replaced.

It was a nice job of the basic conversion of a front tunic though with the dagger hanger and no French cuffs. If you can get it for cheap it would be worth it. IMO.

Fred

Yes indeed, if the price is Ok go for it!

?

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,

Now this is a very nice enlisted man's tunic that has been upgraded for officer wear. This tunic is not without it's detractors also. There is some collar damage that looks substantial. Whomever put in the shoulder boards didn't do the best job of it. See the wrinkle at the board base? That should be smooth. The Breast eagle is an enlisted pattern and to me it appears replaced.

It was a nice job of the basic conversion of a front tunic though with the dagger hanger and no French cuffs. If you can get it for cheap it would be worth it. IMO.

Fred
    Thx for your opinion sir. Whats cheap in your eyes for this? he asks 825€ or 893$ for it.

This is the description of the seller:
    M40 Feldbluse, converted for officer use. The tunic most likely belonged to a NCO who got promoted. The original collar was wartime removed and an officer collar was replaced. The original soldier-style eagle is still in place. The collar has some damage. Very nice combat worn jacket. Good size, fits all torso's and mannequins.

This should be a Oberleutnant pionier if im right

Hello,

This tunic was probably draw directly from the issuing stores as the officers could do late in the war. He had to pay for it. The only wear I see is the collar which is substantial to me because it can be seen and does not look good. There is not a clear picture of how much damage is really there and it would be apparent if repaired. To me it looks like rodent damage. Looking at the breast eagle I have my doubts if it is original to the tunic. I really don't see much other wear. If you can get it for $750.-$800. it might be worth it It is definitely not worth Near $900. !! I just saw a near mint M36 enlisted tunic with Original eagle and replaced tabs sell for $1,000. on an open forum.

Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast