Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Tunic

Article about: Hi, i found this in a shop today, advertised as original with price tag of 1400 euros. I would like toear your opinions. P.s- i know it would be better to have more photos. Thanks. Cheers. N

Default German Tunic

Hi, i found this in a shop today, advertised as original with price tag of 1400 euros.
    I would like toear your opinions.
    P.s- i know it would be better to have more photos.
    Thanks.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Tunic   German Tunic  

German Tunic   German Tunic  

German Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Tunic

He said that the fixed price is 1750 euros, but since im regular customer, he would sell it for 1400.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Tunic  

Hello,
    It is a genuine EM M40 Feldbluse upgraded for an officer. It could have been wartime upgraded...concerning both armshields, i would be more than cautious.
    Are they originals, i can't say from the photos...were they wartime applied....honestly i would be surprised if they were....
    IMO, 1400 euros for a "good customer" is too high...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    It is a genuine EM M40 Feldbluse upgraded for an officer. It could have been wartime upgraded...concerning both armshields, i would be more than cautious.
    Are they originals, i can't say from the photos...were they wartime applied....honestly i would be surprised if they were....
    IMO, 1400 euros for a "good customer" is too high...
    Thanks
    Its too high, isnt it.
    It does have a nice history behind it, its been spited on by a customer that was offended by seing third reich items for sale, someone robbed medal ribbons, (EK, hindenburg), it has been tossed around the shopped by angry customers. All happened inside the shop, LOL
    Poor tunic

?

Flat wire eagle has been reapplied. I have my doubts about the manner of the application of the arm shields.
    The Officers collar tabs and shoulder boards are applied to an enlisted mans tunic which is not uncommon but not in a manner I would expect for an officer.
    For something that is supposed to be original I have doubts. For the money being asked I think I would pass on this one Nuno.
    Just my opinion but you might want to wait on some others.

?

Believe the item not the story, im not totally convinced everything is as it should be, ie the arm shields, also if this was subjected to so much abuse by customers , one, i cant see the shop owner letting that happen to his stock , two, its a story that gets peoples interest and a come and buy me sales technique, either way i would say the price is too high but lets see if some of the guys offer opinions

Way too expensive. I have on hold this GJ tunic for a major, which is offered for 700euros. Everything is reapplied but with original pieces.
    Of course the price would be more but the seller is a friend of mine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Tunic  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Thank you guys.
    You have been very helpfull, i will wait a bit more.
    Cheers.
    Nuno