Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Tunic, opinions as to authenticity

Article about: I may be interested, to possibly buying this, what I believe is a late model Tunic. Any thoughts on its authenticity would be greatly appreciated. From following this forum, I think that it

?

Default German Tunic, opinions as to authenticity

I may be interested, to possibly buying this, what I believe is a late model Tunic. Any thoughts on its authenticity would be greatly appreciated. From following this forum, I think that it looks pretty good. But, of course, I would like the opinions from those more familiar than I.
    Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Tunic, opinions as to authenticity   German Tunic, opinions as to authenticity  

German Tunic, opinions as to authenticity   German Tunic, opinions as to authenticity  

German Tunic, opinions as to authenticity   German Tunic, opinions as to authenticity  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Tunic, opinions as to authenticity
    P
    Many

?

I am going to stick my head out and say i like this piece out of these photos.

me too I don't see a problem

I like it

22% buyers premium!!! ouch, That could make it an expensive buy

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item...enlisted-tunic

?

22%? and then shipping... Costly purchase then.

Hello,
    It is an interesting late war Feldbluse but i do think that buying such an item with so little amount of photos is not good for the buyer at all....It is said "German Artillery Enlisted Tunic" but where are the photos showing shoulderstraps in detail, for the buyer to know at least if they're genuine or not...nevermind if they're attached to the Feldbluse since two weeks, if they're good....otherwise....
    Same for the Litzen, i'm not a big fan of how they're shaped and sewn to the collar....a view of the back might have been helpful to determine if they're factory sewn or postwar replaced...
    And finally, concerning the Hoheitsabzeichen, it may be factory applied...why not it looks properly sewn and does not appear at the back thru the lining, but if you look at the part of the lining circled in red, you'll see that it looks wrinkled and pinched...making me a bit suspicious...the other side is normal, why this one is not ?, just on the side where the breast eagle is...
    Not saying all insignia are repros and/or replaced, just saying more photos are needed to clear the fog...but the base itself is very nice...that's a good start...
    Thanks

German Tunic, opinions as to authenticity

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thanks for looking and your thoughts. Yes, JPhilip, the wrinkled part of the interior, does look a bit suspicious. Yes, I would love to see the underside of the collar and better photos of the shoulder boards. JPhilip.. thanks for your keen eye!! I don't most would have picked these points up. The tunic also looks pretty clean and new.. It's amazing that most of the tunic looks good... but "maybe" someone will go through the trouble to make everything look original. Yes, more photos would be good.
    And yes, the 22% fee is a bit steep! Unless you get it low.
    ** Below the size stamp, I can't make out the "City" where it may have been made... any guesses?

In France, it's also 22 % and more 3% by the net, so when you buy one Yougo MG at 2500 € it's fool.(yougo with "new" german markings)
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I'm curious to know why it has a manufacturer's name and an RB number. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast