Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

GJR 138 in Norway Uniform Questions

Article about: I am wanting to put together an insignia display of GJR138 during the invasion of Norway. A couple of questions, if anyone knows it's greatly appreciated. Would the classic T-shaped cap insi

?

Default GJR 138 in Norway Uniform Questions

I am wanting to put together an insignia display of GJR138 during the invasion of Norway. A couple of questions, if anyone knows it's greatly appreciated.

Would the classic T-shaped cap insignia be correct for this unit during the invasion of Norway?

As an Austrian unit, would GJs of this unit have worn the blue/green-backed edelweiss?

Does anyone have a good portrait of a GJR138 vet, circa 1940? I've seen a few photos of the regiment at Hegra, put not clear enough or from the right angle to answer the questions.

Thanks for any help you can provide

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GJR 138 in Norway Uniform Questions
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Yes the dark green T-shape insignia would be correct. Also yes for the dark green backing underneath the Edelweiss, it can be done and it has been done not only by austrian members of the Heer, some germans did it as well. Sorry i don't have the portrait...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thanks for the quick response!

My final question is if anyones encountered any shoulder straps numbered for 138...that's the ultimate goal, but a set of unnumbered will likely serve as a place holder for awhile

Hello again,
    From time to time, i've seen the shoulderstraps you're looking for. Recently there was a grouping from Gebirgsjägerregiment 138 for sale on eBay and seen on the forum : EM shoulderstraps, Erkennungsmarke, Both arm and cap Edelweisses and i don't remember what....if you Google "Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 138" and click on images, you should find it, just to have a look i mean as it is sold...
    According to a czech forum, the photo below shows members of the 14. Kompanie of Gebirgsjägerregiment 138 in Poland
    Thanks

GJR 138 in Norway Uniform Questions

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

?

Found the group you mentioned...it was sold on eBay in 2015 and posted here at the time

2015....it was not so recent i guess....
    at least you've seen that things like that can be found...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :