Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good Jaeger patch?

Article about: Welcome Fred. chris

Default Good Jaeger patch?

Good Jaeger patch?Good Jaeger patch?

What do you think about this piece gents?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good Jaeger patch?
    P
    Many

Fred Green
    ?

Default Re: Good Jaeger patch?

Hello,

I believe that this is a reproduction patch. The reason that I believe that it is a reproduction is the color of the base material. I have seen specialty patches made with the same base material with a blue bobbin thread used. The execution of the design is flawless but the base material color is incorrect. I have never seen a signal blitz or Gebirgsjaeger patch made of this material.

Fred

It doesnt glow under UV, has "the smell". Can i have more options please since its bought from a trusted member from waf.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Hi Fred, nice to have you here too! I actually think it is OK?

I have some (admitted lousy pics) of mine which I have owned 35 years now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good Jaeger patch?   Good Jaeger patch?  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Fred Green
    ?

Greetings,

Thanks Ade, Glad to be here!

Your patch has a darker base material than the one show. My monitor makes the first one posted a leaf green color. It it isn't on a leaf green base material it is probably good. These patches come in alot of variation with the variation being minor all the way up to different design of leaves. I do not to see the rope border looking like it is floating pieces and not connected. It should look like a solid rope. Remember that this is just my opinion!

Fred

One more picture on sunlight. Take look on this therad, post 2 picture 2. They are same??
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...atches-118439/

Good Jaeger patch?

Can i have more options please?

Good Jaeger patch?

There appears to be quite a difference between Ade's patch (left) and the thread starter (right), with the thread starter not comparable to Ade's IMO.

I would like to point out that though Fred is a new member here with a low post count, he is one of those who showed me much of that which I know about WWII German cloth insignia and is one of the most respected collectors and commentators on such items in the world IMHO.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Good Jaeger patch?  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Jerry, thanks for the kind words but it is only my opinion. I will state again that the base material is a grass green color and this was never used as a facing color by the German army.The latest photo displays the color in a better light. I have handled specialty patches made with the same base material and have never cared for them. The patch posted has a weak rope design,and the execution of the leaf design leaves alot to be desired in my opinion.
    I personally do not care for any German Army patches made on this color of material. There are collectors that do believe that patches made on this color of material were late war. I do not subscribe to that belief.This is just my opinion.

Fred

Fred Green
    ?

Good Jaeger patch?Good Jaeger patch?Hello,

Here is an example of a specialty patch that I am talking about. It is great execution of the design but on a leaf green base material. The bobbin thread is blue on all of the specialty patches that I have seen. I borrowed the images off of ebay so I can't make them any bigger.

Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast