Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Gorget ............... real/fake, i can not find any reference to this one, help!

Article about: Here is a Gorget i am being offered, i only have one pic, sorry in advance! The seller claims it was brought back from Auschwitz, it is part of an estate clear out. Any help would be appreci

?

Default Gorget ............... real/fake, i can not find any reference to this one, help!

Here is a Gorget i am being offered, i only have one pic, sorry in advance! The seller claims it was brought back from Auschwitz, it is part of an estate clear out. Any help would be appreciated ! If it is legit, any ideas on what to offer? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images Gorget ............... real/fake, i can not find any reference to this one, help! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gorget ............... real/fake, i can not find any reference to this one, help!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gorget ............... real/fake, i can not find any reference to this one, help!

If the guy says it came from Auschwitz I would pass on it.I dont like the looks of the thing at all.

Default Re: Gorget ............... real/fake, i can not find any reference to this one, help!

Never seen anything like it before. But bear in mind the camp was liberated by the Red Army. So if the sale in in the USA, this is another thing to think about....

Cheers, Ade.

?

It is being offered at an estate auction. The auction house called it a wall hanging. There are a few other WW2 items at the auction. It is semi- local! So.... just do not know ..... real or not?

It is a fantasy design. As Ade said, I also have never seen anything even close. The construction is nothing like a German gorget.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Ive seen something similar many years ago at Camden Passage in London, it was a gorget but with a rim relief around the edge, it had a brass swastika in the centre as in the photo, it was being advertised as a Kapo gorget with a flat link chain and there was no backing to it, i have no idea if it was genuine or not, but it was similar, to my knowledge Kapos were not issued gorgets

looks like something made in metal shop for a project of some sort,,not bad but not original..other than post war made