Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?

Article about: A friend picked these up with a few other things. I thinking about buying them. They look ok to me, but I'd like some second opinions please! Thanks in advance!

?

Default Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?

A friend picked these up with a few other things. I thinking about buying them. They look ok to me, but I'd like some second opinions please! Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?   Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?  

Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?   Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?  

Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grossdeutschland shoulder boards...opinions?
    P
    Many

Hi Newbie, a nice pair of Latin Lettered shoulder straps of the distinguished Gross Deutschland.
    Regards SK

?

They don't have the typical zig zag stitching on the reverse

(sorry Newbie i deleted the first part of your post by mistake...the answer about the zig zag is below, sorry again)
    Last edited by JPhilip; 11-03-2014 at 11:12 PM.

As for the sheer volume and variety of these straps/boards produced for this one unit, many volumes have been produced on different types and variants. So I can't not give a definitive thumps up. However the wool looks good, as does the lettering with the yellowing as it should. So all looks good.
    Regards SK

Hello,
    I dont know how to say it....hmmm.....bad from A to Z...
    A reenactor's items at best...
    There is a zig zag stitching on the reverse when the latter is formed with two pieces of wool...or more....
    there are shoulderstraps with plain back...
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 11-04-2014 at 12:03 AM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

The friend who picked them up for me, bought them directly from a vet's son, along with a DAF shoulder board and an Assmann Heer buckle. I have pics of both other items. I know the old adage, believe the item, not the story. ....I have other original boards that do not have the zig zag stitching on the reverse. Once in hand I'll UV light(not a solid proving point)....I'll also show to some local collectors. I appreciate all the opinions. Keep them coming please!

Hello,
    Yes, let's wait for more opinions.
    You know mine
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

J,I wasn't insinuating that you do not know what you are talking about,I hope you didn't take it that way!

?

My buddy James, in Nottingham found these and sold them to me also some stuff for himself from a vet's son......James posted these boards on a Facebook collecting forum in the UK....He just sent me a message today....He had two offers to buy them, one at ß380, the other at ß400. I just asked to join the group to see the posts. He is going back to buy more stuff from the guy.

?

I'll take better pics once they arrive.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast