Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Großdeutschland Type 4 cufftitle for officers

Article about: All opinions and comments are appreciated. Thanks GD

?

Default Großdeutschland Type 4 cufftitle for officers

All opinions and comments are appreciated.
    Thanks
    GD
    Großdeutschland Type 4 cufftitle for officersGroßdeutschland Type 4 cufftitle for officersGroßdeutschland Type 4 cufftitle for officersGroßdeutschland Type 4 cufftitle for officers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Großdeutschland Type 4 cufftitle for officers
    P
    Many

Default Re: Großdeutschland Type 4 cufftitle for officers

I am skeptical of the backing, but i have only seen a couple of GD 4th types.
    Morris

I am fairly sure this one is bad going by the lettering.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks to everyone who looked at this. I appreciate the comments as well, and even though I do not agree with them I invite any further comments that anyone may have on it.

I also posted this on another forum and it too received many views but no comments. After a few days of this, I was contacted by Scott Pritchett, who authored the three-volume set "Uniforms and Insignia of the Grossdeutschland Division". Instead of parphrasing, I'll just paste what he wrote to me:

""Hi GD - I do not post often on the WAF, so forgive me if I respond to your
    posting of the 4th pattern GD cufftitle in silver aluminum wire embroidery. As a
    GD collector, I hate to see as post about something GD have 60 views and no
    answers.

I believe I showed a similar example in my 3 volume series on GD uniforms and
    insignia.

This example is, in my studied opinion, an original (construction technique and
    apparent dimensions, age of the wire embroidery, the off-white brown filler to
    the soutache/Russia braid borders). The 4th pattern was not mass produced in
    aluminum wire embroidered style - and I have never come across any definitive
    photographic evidence of one in wear (so the conventional wisdom would probably
    conclude that this was a private purchase example made for an officer)...the
    standard issue of this version was machine embroidered of white or grey cotton
    embroidery.

Sincerely,
    Scott Pritchett
    ""

I hope that this may at least generate more discussion.

Thanks
    GD

Fred Green
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Großdeutschland Type 4 cufftitle for officers

Hello,

Like Ade; I don't care for it.

Fred

We can only offer educated opinions, in the end it's your choice weather to accept them or disregard them.
    Morris