MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

guidance appreciated on Heer medical shoulder boards (and collar tabs)

Article about: i believe the shoulder boards were issued to an Oberleutnant (highest Lieutenant officer rank) due to the the pips (without them to a Lieutenant =Assistenzarzt)? to me they look to have they

Default guidance appreciated on Heer medical shoulder boards (and collar tabs)

i believe the shoulder boards were issued to an Oberleutnant (highest Lieutenant officer rank) due to the the pips (without them to a Lieutenant =Assistenzarzt)?
    to me they look to have they been removed from a tunic or are somewhat worn?
    the collar tabs seem un-used, i bought them separately to have together with another pair of medical boards in better shape : )
    i showed the tabs to perhaps get an response to my thought they instead are for transportation?
    please let me know if i am way off the track with my assumptions : )
    best wishes,
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture guidance appreciated on  Heer medical shoulder boards (and collar tabs)   guidance appreciated on  Heer medical shoulder boards (and collar tabs)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement guidance appreciated on  Heer medical shoulder boards (and collar tabs)
    P
    Many

Quote by bittaker View Post
    i believe the shoulder boards were issued to an Oberleutnant (highest Lieutenant officer rank) due to the the pips (without them to a Lieutenant =Assistenzarzt)?
    The term Oberleutnant was not used for medical officers; the correct rank designation here is Oberarzt.

Rank designations for army phyisicians were:

Unterarzt [equivalent to Oberfähnrich]
    Assistenzarzt [equivalent to Leutnant]
    Oberarzt [equivalent to Oberleutnant]
    Stabsarzt [equivalent to Hauptmann]
    Oberstabsarzt [equivalent to Major]
    Oberfeldarzt [equivalent to Oberstleutnant]
    Oberstarzt [equivalent to Oberst]
    Generalarzt [equivalent to Generalmajor]
    Generalstabsarzt [equivalent to Generalleutnant]
    Generaloberstabsarzt [equivalent to General]

(Final system, used after 1934. The ranks from Stabsarzt through Generaloberstabsarzt are still used today, by the way.)

Quote by bittaker View Post
    i showed the tabs to perhaps get an response to my thought they instead are for transportation?
    To me, it looks like the cornflower blue branch color for the medical service. Supply/transportation had light blue.

(Of course, colors in a digitally-photographed image displayed on a computer screen can appear quite different from what they look like in reality.)

Hello,
    The blue Waffenfarbe on the Litzen is slightly lighter than what i've seen before for Sanitäts but i do believe that it's still for this branch of service.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

much more info. than i ever thought i would get : )
    thank you, both!!!!
    i am totally into collecting items concerning political and everyday day life in Germany 1930-1944, but shoulder boards and collar tabs have been intersting me more and more.
    Stig