Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Heading off to a huge military estate sale, what should I know before buying?

Article about: The SS is a fake, and I told the owner, who says it is his prized possession (hence the glass case) and there is no way it is fake. The Luftwaffe is for \\$900.

Default Re: Heading off to a huge military estate sale, what should I know before buying?

The SS is a fake, and I told the owner, who says it is his prized possession (hence the glass case) and there is no way it is fake. The Luftwaffe is for $900.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heading off to a huge military estate sale, what should I know before buying?

sorry, meant $900

Hi Jule,
    your report is very interesting and it's funny to see how many "craplectors" don't want to admit thsat their "treasured possessions" are either junk or over-priced common items!
    Looks like you've got yourself a very nice K98k bayonet (Solingen is not the name of one of the makers btw...it's a German City renowned for its blades!)...I cannot be 100% positive on the frog because I'm using a tiny cell phone at the moment and some details are distorted but I'd think twice before dismissing it as a "repro"...what do the other guys in front of bigger laptops/PCs say?
    Cheers

Quote by Horrido View Post
    Hi Jule,
    your report is very interesting and it's funny to see how many "craplectors" don't want to admit thsat their "treasured possessions" are either junk or over-priced common items!
    Looks like you've got yourself a very nice K98k bayonet (Solingen is not the name of one of the makers btw...it's a German City renowned for its blades!)...I cannot be 100% positive on the frog because I'm using a tiny cell phone at the moment and some details are distorted but I'd think twice before dismissing it as a "repro"...what do the other guys in front of bigger laptops/PCs say?
    Cheers
    Yeah, some guy tried to trick me, saying my sawback 98-05 was a Swiss one because it didn't have a date, and I told him "Because it is a R3 (rarity of 3, meaning quite rare) CITO, which made their bayonets only one year during WW1. The guy kept telling me I was wrong, and offered me $175! For a Swiss bayonet, he really wanted to buy it. I have posted my new K98 bayonet on a separate forum, and I have read a lot, and I am quite positive that it is a police issue, for it also has an eagle (missing the swastika, it was stamped a bit off) and the letter "B", here is a picture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030702.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	467005

?

$900 for the Luftwaffe helmet seems high to me; they are very common, and a nice one, including chinstrap, can be had for $600-700, if you do some legwork.

BobS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123