Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Artillery Regt 62 Stabswachtmeister shoulder strap

Article about: Hi Guys, here is a strap from my collection bought 30 years ago now. It has most likely been cut from a Waffenrock dress tunic. Not a common rank to find, being roughly that of a Sgt Major i

Default Heer Artillery Regt 62 Stabswachtmeister shoulder strap

Hi Guys, here is a strap from my collection bought 30 years ago now. It has most likely been cut from a Waffenrock dress tunic. Not a common rank to find, being roughly that of a Sgt Major in the British Army. Note the smaller sized rank pips used in order to fit them all onto the strap more easily when used in conjunction with numerials.

What I like about numbered straps is that it is fun to discover about the Regt's history and where they fought etc. They were a heavy Artillery Regt and fought in France in 1940 and then in the East for the rest of the war. There is some good info on this Regt here:

Artillerie-Regimenter - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Artillery Regt 62 Stabswachtmeister shoulder strap   Heer Artillery Regt 62 Stabswachtmeister shoulder strap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Artillery Regt 62 Stabswachtmeister shoulder strap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Heer Artillery Regt 62 Stabswachtmeister shoulder strap

Hi Ade , iv`e been looking to get some shoulder straps ( i don`t have any at the moment ) , they are so decorative , and yours look great . It`s a bonus to get one`s you can trace , thanks for showing ,

cheers Al

?

Another winner. This paygrade is hard to find!

Hi Ade, another nice piece. I forgot to mention in your Pioneer insignias thread that I have a minty pair of Infantry Hauptfeldwebels boards that look almost exactly like your in every detail-and I think mine are from I.R.17? ANyway, I got these and a minty pair of Kav/?Recon Obersts boards--as a Christmas gift from a good German friend of mine who lives in China. I did a favor for him in researching something- out of the blue-he asked me if I wanted these? and my eyes bulged as my tongue hung out dripping and I had a million Butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I said yes and how much? he said--free. Well, I couldn't bear to not give him something in exchange so I didn't tell him that I sent him a pair of some Grand Duchy boards I had-as well as a minth Franz Friedrich Cross. This friend of mine is only into Imperial-and not WWII stuff. Totally freaked out to find a package from me waiting for him after he got back to China from his Christmas Holidays he spent "back home."