Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Artillery Tunic for review

Article about: I ran across this in an antique store. There were things that I liked and things that scared me. I liked the insignia, but was not sure that the tunic was original. I would lean to the side

Default Heer Artillery Tunic for review

I ran across this in an antique store. There were things that I liked and things that scared me. I liked the insignia, but was not sure that the tunic was original. I would lean to the side of the tunic being real, but they also had an M43 cap which was fake and that stopped me from pulling the trigger on the purchase. What does everyone think? Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Artillery Tunic for review   Heer Artillery Tunic for review  

Heer Artillery Tunic for review   Heer Artillery Tunic for review  

Heer Artillery Tunic for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Artillery Tunic for review
    P
    Many

Original.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade. It makes me feel good that after study, I am now able to distinguish between the original and not. From the best that you can tell with the pictures - does the insignia seem to be original to the tunic?

Cheers
    Nick

I can get it from the store for $400 shipped to me. I'm am thinking that it would be a nice first tunic for my collection and seems to be a good price.

?

The insignia looks good, but is very poorly applied, so not original to the tunic.

I’m afraid I don’t share Ade’s enthusiasm for the tunic itself... maybe, maybe not. (No disrespect intended to Ade, of course). The details are good, I’m just not keen. Always a difficult call on a tailor made garment.
    You often have to go with your gut feeling and ask yourself if you could sell it on convincingly.

All the best,
    Bob

Thank you everyone for your feedback. It kind of leaves me on the fence, since I don't have it in hand. Any other opinions before I make a choice?

Nick

Nick,

I would wait until you know 100% that you are purchasing an original uniform and insignia that has been properly applied and not removed..

$400 is a decent price but if there are doubts and you are second guessing.. Let it pass on by...There are plenty of uniforms that have not been altered still out there..

Just my humble opinion..

Smitty

Does the satin type material used on the inside and underneath the collar give anyone any reservations. I have not seen this before, but did see it on one other thread (seemed to be ok).

Hey guys, I am sorry to pester everyone on this, but my gut is that this one is original. I have been looking at the breast eagle and I don't see any sewing to signify a reattachment. Does any one see signs of restoration?

Ask the dealer if you purchase it, will he give you a full refund if it turns out later that it isn't original. That would give you time to examine it - and also to get second opinions from other collectors/dealers.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast