Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Breeches ID needed

Article about: Hi folks, I recently acquired these Feldgrau breeches. They are marked Fink & Michaells Stettin and look to be issue rather than custom tailored. I'm not sure how they should be identifi

Default Heer Breeches ID needed

Hi folks, I recently acquired these Feldgrau breeches. They are marked Fink & Michaells Stettin and look to be issue rather than custom tailored. I'm not sure how they should be identified - M36? The leather reinforced seat is composed of grey leather and both the wool and leather are in excellent condition. They have some minor period repairs and a mix of replaced buttons including Deutsche Mode and H. Prellberg Hannover. I like the period repairs since it means these were used. NH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Breeches ID needed   Heer Breeches ID needed  

Heer Breeches ID needed   Heer Breeches ID needed  

Heer Breeches ID needed  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Breeches ID needed
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Heer Breeches ID needed

They are for mounted troops. I have a pair just like them.
    SteveR

they're genuine and sure have see action!
    Cheers
    Manny

?

The leather helps before and after your butt and the inside of your thighs and knees toughen up.

Hi folks, Thanks for the input. Indeed, these are for mounted troops. I picked them up specifically to pair with an early style artillery Bluse. I'm just wondering if they have a specific identification. In one book I saw them listed as M40 breeches for mounted troops. The Feldgrau looks to be early and is of high quality. I will post photos later of the whole outfit with Feldbluse, field equipment and Reitstiefel. NH

Hello,
    This pair of breeches for mounted personel should be called M20 as it was adopted in 1920. It has been made of stone grey wool before being made of Feldgrau wool.
    As the Feldgrau wool was used from 1940 to make trousers and breeches, some collectors call those garments M40 trousers and M40 breeches.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks for that last clarification! So these are officially M20 pattern breeches. I have seen several references to M40 in some of the Men at Arms series. I'll describe them as collector named "M40 breeches" in the M20 pattern. Appreciate the input. NH