Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Eagles value ??

Article about: Thanks mark for comment i decid to pass on these eagles and look for a more original early war example !!

Default Heer Eagles value ??

Heer Eagles value ??Heer Eagles value ??Heer Eagles value ?? Heer Eagles value ??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Eagles value ??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Eagles value ??

i the picture with 3 eagles the one i have a chance at is the third one it is selling for 35 dollars is that a good price ?? then the other picture both are for sale and the top one is 35 dollars and the bottom one is 14 ?? are theese good prices or am i over paying?? Thank in advance sean

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

The late war ones go from $25-$35 in my opinion. Maybe $20. for the one with a single pin. I do not like the pin attachments on the bottom one on the right.

Fred

$35-$40 is what these go for usually.........
    Regards,

Steve.

so you think the 2nd eagle in the second picture is a repro ??? and thank you all for the opions looking for as many as i can get before i buy !!

Personally, I'd skip on all these, unless you have to have them.
    You can find better quality early eagles with maker marks
    for about the same dough.

I never liked the later type anyway.........
    Regards,

Steve.

the only one even in consideration now is the 3rd one in the 1st picture !! Thanks for your info all

more options wanted !

?

The one on the bottom right looks like the pins were reattached at some period probably post war

Hi,

Of the three eagles in the single picture, all with the three flat prongs, I think the bottom one is the 'best', as it retains a good amount of its silver finish. The base metal of those eagles is zinc, and zinc tends to absorb whatever fancy coatings are put on it. That is why the three eagles look a bit different. They are all the same version, and I believe all original, but the top one has lost most of its silver covering. The price for these seems to vary between $25 and $45, from dealer to dealer.

Of the two eagles pictured together, I think they are both original, but the aluminium one has lost one of its pins (which means it is worth less than one with all three pins), and I think what Fred meant about the lower eagle's pins is that they look like they have been replaced. There are big blobs of solder holding the pins in place, and they also look like a different kind of metal to the rest of the eagle. The eagle itself looks original to me, but repaired ones have less value than intact ones.

These aren't too hard to find, and if you can get that zinc one with a good amount of its silver coating left, say for $30 - $35, you would have a fine original example of a late war eagle in good condition at a reasonable market price. It's up to you if you want to go for it!

All the best,

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast