Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer M36: Any comments on this tunic would be appreciated

Article about: I believe it is panzer? Can anyone tell me more about it? I'd be glad to post more photos if necessary. The insignia is covered by green cloth that is stitched on rather crudely. Is it bette

Default Heer M36: Any comments on this tunic would be appreciated

I believe it is panzer? Can anyone tell me more about it? I'd be glad to post more photos if necessary. The insignia is covered by green cloth that is stitched on rather crudely. Is it better to leave that alteration in place or should remove it? Thanks in advance for your comments
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M36: Any comments on this tunic would be appreciated   Heer M36: Any comments on this tunic would be appreciated  

Heer M36: Any comments on this tunic would be appreciated   Heer M36: Any comments on this tunic would be appreciated  

Heer M36: Any comments on this tunic would be appreciated  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M36: Any comments on this tunic would be appreciated
    P
    Many

Default re: Heer M36: Any comments on this tunic would be appreciated

I am no expert but somthing doesn't feel right, the WH collar patches are artillerie, and in some way they do not look to fit on that collar, the shoulder patches seem SS to me ;nebel or is it feldgendarmerie.
    And why would someone want to cover up both sides above the pocket!!??
    But wait for better opinions.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default re: Heer M36: Any comments on this tunic would be appreciated

Stukaf,
    I agree with your observations re the tunic but I think that the colour variation between the straps and the tabs may be due to the way it was photographed.

I Had the same problem in reverse as I thought a pair of straps I had bought as panzer were in fact panzerjager as it was really hard to distiguish the difference in colour and that was when I had them in hand.
    Also, as some countries in Europe do not allow the swastika - would this not (perhaps) account for the cover up here........?

I do like the tunic and it is nice to see a good size example for a change.

Default Re: Heer M36: Any comments on this tunic would be appreciated

It is a good original tunic made by Eisenhut and Weitzel (still in bussiness I think?). Not Panzer but Artillery.

Kris made a couple of observations: the collar may have been tailored, hence the size. The photo does make the shoulder straps look a bit more orange than red. Might be fading, might be the photo, or they could have been changed.

The patches over the insignia are most likely to cover banned symbols, especially if it is coming from Germany or France. I think I would remove them.

Cheers, Ade.

I've removed the patches and posted some new pictures. The shoulder boards definitely are more orange than red. Thanks for all of your input!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M36: Any comments on this tunic would be appreciated   Heer M36: Any comments on this tunic would be appreciated  

It was certainly worth taking them off

?

Nice looking tunic but i cant understand why they wanted to cover up award loops, the eagle yes but loops ? some people are strange !!!

Indeed! One of my remarks.
    Looks far better now.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Nice tunic indeed!