Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer M36 Officer's Tunic Insigna

Article about: Hello, I've been looking at buying a M36 Officer's Tunic. One thing that puts me off is the eagle insignia on the breast. To me it doesn't seem right,(I'm not by any means a expert) - what d

?

Default Heer M36 Officer's Tunic Insigna

Hello,
    I've been looking at buying a M36 Officer's Tunic. One thing that puts me off is the eagle insignia on the breast. To me it doesn't seem right,(I'm not by any means a expert) - what do members think ?
    Any information appreciated.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M36 Officer's Tunic Insigna  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M36 Officer's Tunic Insigna
    P
    Many

Default re: Heer M36 Officer's Tunic Insigna

Hi Alex, it is unusual that the backing forms the curve over the top of the eagles head instead of being cut straight and level as normal. Also the colour looks almost black as opposed to the usual dark green "badge cloth" backing.

However, having said all of that, I do like the overall quality of the item and the multiple types of bullion thread used. It does have some oxidation too. Looking at the far left wingtip, some of the cardboard Unterlagen backing former can be seen: it is always worth shining a blacklight UV lamp on these.

But if this eagle bugs you now, chances are it always will do, regardless of originality, so I would pass on the tunic because of it.

Cheers, Ade.

I think the eagle is probably a good original, though I agree with what Ade said. Here is a very similar cap eagle, though this went to a friend, so I cant post a better image, but you can see the use of green thread to highlight it.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer M36 Officer's Tunic Insigna  

?

Hello Ade, Jerry,
    Thanks for your detailed posts, the biggest thing that bothered me was the black backing. Ade no bad idea, passing the UV light over the exposed cardboard base. As you suggest, I shall give this tunic a miss, I should imagine, I never would be happy with this insignia on the uniform. Again thanks both for the information.
    Regards
    AlecH