Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer medical officer sleeve insignia

Article about: Hey guys,I recently purchased this patch from my buddy who picks for me, it was super cheap, he's not a military collector at all. I have some doubts that it's original, but since he's a fri

?

Default Heer medical officer sleeve insignia

Hey guys,I recently purchased this patch from my buddy who picks for me, it was super cheap, he's not a military collector at all. I have some doubts that it's original, but since he's a friend and finds me stuff a lot I bought it...so opinions would help, thanks guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer medical officer sleeve insignia   Heer medical officer sleeve insignia  

Heer medical officer sleeve insignia   Heer medical officer sleeve insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer medical officer sleeve insignia
    P
    Many

Officers?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

It looks good to me friend.

The braid around the edges of specialty patches are not for officer to my knowledge. It is a pretty complex subject that is addressed in one of Angolia's books. Member Fred Green is very knowledgeable about specialty patches so I hope he chimes in. I think the Tresse indicated the level of service, training background or current status. Overall, this patch looks good but it seems to be missing the red thread you commonly see on the tongue of the snake on the rod of Asclepius. NH

?

If not officers,1 year service?

I don't think an officer would wear a specialty patch - they were for NCO and other ranks. I may be wrong here so I invite input. This requires a bit more research unless someone here knows the answer without it. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    The braid around the edges of specialty patches are not for officer to my knowledge. It is a pretty complex subject that is addressed in one of Angolia's books. Member Fred Green is very knowledgeable about specialty patches so I hope he chimes in. I think the Tresse indicated the level of service, training background or current status. Overall, this patch looks good but it seems to be missing the red thread you commonly see on the tongue of the snake on the rod of Asclepius. NH
    With a fixed position rather than qualified but without such. Never worn by officers. I also noticed the lack of red. Fred left the forum because of the Nat Geo Nazi war diggers fiasco.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

The red thread, or lack of was my concern.

Thanks Jerry - you confirmed my thoughts on the patch. I'm sorry to hear Fred left the forum. I was trying to work with him to further research specialty patches like this one. NH

?

Here is 100% good medic patch from an NCO M43 tunic for comparison
    Note that the silver piping was added later
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer medical officer sleeve insignia  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast