Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer NCO Summer uniform

Article about: Hi folks, I purchased this NCO Summer uniform for \\$300. It looks good inside and out and I assume it is custom tailored. The style is a little unusual though since it seems to be an older st

Default Heer NCO Summer uniform

Hi folks, I purchased this NCO Summer uniform for $300. It looks good inside and out and I assume it is custom tailored. The style is a little unusual though since it seems to be an older style with the seam running down the back and a scallop with two buttons just above the belt. Wondering if this was a common choice for pattern.
    Neil H.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer NCO Summer uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer NCO Summer uniform
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer NCO Summer uniform

Hi Neil, that was cheap in my opinion and I think you got a very good deal.

This pattern of uniform seems to be a popular choice reflecting the earlier "Rock" pattern of cut.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks. Is the earlier "Rock" pattern something from the Reichswehr era? Some have suggested to me this is an "Alter Art" type of jacket - perhaps 1926 model. I note the NCO had pretensions to be an officer by choosing this model with the "French" cuffs and dagger slit. Another photo for those interested in seeing more. I wonder what kind of material was used? Neil H.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer NCO Summer uniform  

Hi Neil, yes, it is very much influenced from the old Reichwehr pattern tunic. Do you have a pic of the back as well?

French cuffs were a popular affectation. I have shown my summer weight tunic on the forum in the past, this has French cuffs and the early style back, with two seams, but without belt ramp buttons. No dagger slit on mine. It can be seen here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...eldbluse-2166/

I think the practise of wanting to sport a jacket with older style features is a popular thing in many armies the world over, especially with senior NCO's.

Cheers, Ade.

Very nice summer tunic, cut in the old style, and a bargain I would say at $300, wow thats cheap. Have you checked inside the inside pockets, as these often have a tailors label with the owners name in that location?

VonBond

Vonbond, It has no internal pockets and there are no labels. However, initials have been stitched into the lower left pocket area on the inside. I can't make them out but it appears to be a name.
    Neil

Hello,
    I wish i could see more pics showing this tunic from every angle...
    Does it have Pioniere collar tabs and Artillerie shoulderstraps ?
    or are they the 1938 Einheitslitzen ?
    I see them black...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)