Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Shoulderboard with W2 embroiderd cypher

Article about: I have been trying to identify this board for some time now with no real success. Any one here know what I'm looking at. This is not mine so I have only the one image. Your help would be app

Default Heer Shoulderboard with W2 embroiderd cypher

I have been trying to identify this board for some time now with no real success.
    Any one here know what I'm looking at.
    This is not mine so I have only the one image.
    Your help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heer Shoulderboard with W2 embroiderd cypher 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Shoulderboard with W2 embroiderd cypher
    P
    Many

Hello,

It is a post 1940 board piped in a brown color. I would say that the branch of service for this color is Bau/Construction. It does not appear to be copper brown as for a Recon unit. The embroidery looks spurious at best. More photos are needed. A photo of the backside of the board, front and back of the tongue and front and back of the seam between the two would help greatly. From this single picture it could be an original board.

Fred

Thanks for your reply Fred.
    Unfortunately this is all I have on this board. I got this image a long time ago and kind of forgot about it.
    I was thinking along the same lines as yourself. With the colour and the embroidered W, I was thinking - construction. What I could not figure out was were the 2 came into play.
    Thanks again for your input.

Detlef
    Detlef

Hello Detlef,

The number 2 and the "W" appear to me as being newly applied. I do not like the font, style, nor the embroidery. This saying, some shoulder boards were embroidered by a tailor for a soldier and you will see the embroidery from the rear. This pair I don not believe fall under that category!

Fred

Hi, as already stated above the picture that you provide is not good to give you a correct answer. Having said that, I believe that the W stands for the Soldat u. Mitglied des Wachbattalions Wien. Then again without looking at the W embroidery it s not possible to give you an answer. Number 2 could be the Regiment

I appreciate all your responses.
    However as I stated it is not in my possession so any other images are not possible.
    I understand your concerns regarding this board, and I admit I had the same concerns.
    I did not feel that confidant about it when I first saw it. I guess I was looking for confirmation about my own feeling about it.
    Thank you guys again for your input.

Detlef

?

Hello,
    I like it, I think it's a Feldwasserstrassen-abteilung 2 shoulderboard. Military Antiques Toronto had one for sale some years ago.
    Regards.