Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Sport Shirt Eagle cutoff question

Article about: I just bought this and am quite excited as I've wanted one for awhile. I was wondering if I could get a few more pairs of eyes on it however. It looks like a Heer sport shirt that the owner

?

Default Heer Sport Shirt Eagle cutoff question

I just bought this and am quite excited as I've wanted one for awhile. I was wondering if I could get a few more pairs of eyes on it however. It looks like a Heer sport shirt that the owner modified to make more attractive. I say this because of how it's cut out, and then sewn again as with a sewing machine much closer to the body of the eagle. The way that the fabric is tucked under the backside of the eagle reminds me of my SS sport shirt which also has much less fabric surrounding the sports emblem. I also see a spot where there once was a sticker on the very bottom of the back side, RZM sticker? Or, is this a GI beautification job and the sticker is tape residue from an album?
    Here's some pictures of the eagle that I bought, and photos from a dealer's site that I don't own to show the area around the eagle for scale (if I should take down the second set of photos please let me know).
    Thanks!
    Eddie

Heer Sport Shirt Eagle cutoff questionHeer Sport Shirt Eagle cutoff questionHeer Sport Shirt Eagle cutoff questionHeer Sport Shirt Eagle cutoff question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Sport Shirt Eagle cutoff question
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Sport Shirt Eagle cutoff question

An interesting variation and probably done as a matter of personal choice. It would never have had a RZM label on it as Heer items never came under the control of that body which was only involved with political organisations.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi Jerry, thanks for the reply! That makes sense about the RZM label, I had seen RZM labels on just about every other kind of sport shirt, but of course they wouldn't have them as it's not a political organization. The scenario that I see is that a finicky soldier takes his sport shirt to a tailor, or his wife, and they unstitch the factory applied Heer sports emblem, and then re-sew it to the man's sport shirt where it stays until a GI unstitches it from the shirt for a souvenir and sticks it in his scrapbook. Does that seem like too convoluted of an explanation? I hope it's the accurate scenario because I really like the idea of this finicky soldier doing this because the excess fabric bothered him, as the excess fabric has always bothered me as well, and I would 100% do this same thing myself, haha.

A question to which there is no certain answer, but it certainly has the ring of truth to me and I cannot imagine any other circumstance where this would have happened.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Thanks again Jerry, I can't really see any other scenario either.

Quote by doomtown View Post
    The scenario that I see is that a finicky soldier takes his sport shirt to a tailor, or his wife, and they unstitch the factory applied Heer sports emblem, and then re-sew it to the man's sport shirt where it stays until a GI unstitches it from the shirt for a souvenir and sticks it in his scrapbook. Does that seem like too convoluted of an explanation? I hope it's the accurate scenario because I really like the idea of this finicky soldier doing this because the excess fabric bothered him, as the excess fabric has always bothered me as well, and I would 100% do this same thing myself, haha.
    I don't think the excess material really matters as all of the sports shirts were white as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I don't think the excess material really matters as all of the sports shirts were white as well.
    Ralph.
    It does show up a little bit, and I've always been fussy about how my clothes look and fit. The sport shirt emblem attached to the shirt below would drive me a little crazy, but I'm weird and fussy I guess! (Once again, not my image)

Maybe its one of these?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Sport Shirt Eagle cutoff question  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Great suggestion Jerry! I wonder... Maybe when I get it in hand I can measure it and get a better idea. I found this great picture of Ade's and I wonder if the Adler in your picture is the same size as the one on the fella in Ade's picture?

I have to say that it is unlikely.

I tried to find better pictures of the football shirt, but they do not seem to be available, though I did find this one of the England team giving the Nazi salute, which makes me glad not to be English. Lol.

"England bowed to German protocol, under orders from the British ambassador, and gave the Nazi salute inside the Olympic Stadium in Berlin. Stan Cullis, of Wolves, refused to perform the salute, and was dropped for the match, which England won 6-3 with Stanley Matthews among the scorers."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Sport Shirt Eagle cutoff question  
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast