Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Standard bearers gorget.

Article about: THe logo on the gorget Kevin shows here is for Assmann & Sohne of Ludenscheid and is not the Aurich logo, or version thereof as can be seen on the original gorget shown by Larry. Regards

Default Heer Standard bearers gorget.

has this any chanceHeer Standard bearers gorget.Heer Standard bearers gorget.Heer Standard bearers gorget.Heer Standard bearers gorget.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Standard bearers gorget.
    P
    Many

still waiting

Default gorget

pics of backHeer Standard bearers gorget.Heer Standard bearers gorget.

Why squeese as much as 5 swastikas in there?
    In my opinion they should have stopped at max 3

Cheers,
    Jonas

I would imagine these ( for a standard bearer?? ) are mega rare so fakes would be out there - I would proceed with utmost caution.

Sorry that I cannot be more definitive.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Authentic Army Gorgets are very rare and start at $7000...check your price and who your buying it from. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

7K! Agreed - flippin' A better make sure at those prices!

Hi Kevin,

Although the gorget looks convincing, i'm sure I read somewhere that these Heere gorgets were only produced by C.E. Juncker of Berlin and Hermann Aurich of Dresden, and not by Assmann, so it may be best to err on the side of caution until someone really in the know has some input. Sorry I can't be more precise old bean.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I think it stands a chance also as the photos below are of an authentic example..reverse side..which exhibits the same large bumps....IMO the green felt has been replaced..but the clips are in the same position. The "A" type logo is a Dresden maker...possibly H. Aurich. Do some homework on that makers mark compared to the one seen in the photos provided. Regards Larry
    Photo credit - Brian Maederer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Standard bearers gorget.   Heer Standard bearers gorget.  

Heer Standard bearers gorget.  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

THe logo on the gorget Kevin shows here is for Assmann & Sohne of Ludenscheid and is not the Aurich logo, or version thereof as can be seen on the original gorget shown by Larry.

Heer Standard bearers gorget.Heer Standard bearers gorget.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast