Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Heer Standard Bearers Sleeve Shield-Question

Article about: What unit does this shield ( orange) represent?Several firms that reproduce it say "Recruitment",but somehow that doesn't seem right.Anyone know for sure? Thanks for looking. Steve

?

Default Standard Bearers Sleeve Shield

Here is Cavarly.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	926686  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Snoman View Post
    Here is Cavarly.
    Signals.
    (Nachrichten)
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Snoman View Post
    Here is Cavarly.
    Hello,

This appears to be the signals sleeve insignia It is lemon yellow.

Fred

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0137.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	239.4 KB 
ID:	926690The lemon yellow and gold yellow are still used in the Bw, actually, and the same gold yellow is also used in the present day Luftwaffe as well.

They are quite distinct. The yellow yellows, the blue blues, red reds are all mangled by digital pictures, actually.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen...8Bundeswehr%29
    damit, basta.

Friedrich-Berthold: I do not think I have ever seen one of these with orange for Feldgendarmerie etc.

As far as I know they never got a specific Standarte or flag! Never read about that...and so no patch came
    into being! Must check one day the Heeres-Verordnungsblatt and Heeresmitteilungen, to be sure!
    "Wir sollen auch unser Leben für die Brüder lassen" (1.Joh.3.16):
    zum Gedächtnis Wilhelm Schenk. Er starb fürs Vaterland am 13. Juni 1916

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Friedrich-Berthold: I do not think I have ever seen one of these with orange for Feldgendarmerie etc.

As far as I know they never got a specific Standarte or flag! Never read about that...and so no patch came
    into being!
    Thank you, you know far more than I. They were sort of combat service support and not really a main branch of service, were they?

I.e. the others are combat arms, and or chief branches of combat service support, with a classical role in the constitution of the army.

I should go look in the Podzun Verlag books from the 1950s which would explain all of this.

The Feldgendarmerie in today's Bw and in the cold war one, too, had real pride of place of this branch associated with the forward defense of the FRG and more lately,
    with peace support operations in places like ex Yugoslavia and such.

Thanks, Wim, for all your great learning and good humor in our confusion.

I owned a Feldgendarmerie cap from 1944 or so in mint condition, but I sold it. Ergo, my stickler approach to yellows and oranges.
    damit, basta.

The first patch is definitely cavalry and the second definitely signal. I concur with all my colleagues who have previously made the same statements.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12