Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Summer Tunic

Article about: I found this Heer Summer Tunic on a bidding site and am interested in purchasing it. I just wanted to get additional advice, input on it before I decide whether or not to pursue it. I recent

Default Heer Summer Tunic

I found this Heer Summer Tunic on a bidding site and am interested in purchasing it. I just wanted to get additional advice, input on it before I decide whether or not to pursue it. I recently purchased a Heer Waffenrock and have wanted to add a combat tunic to my collection ever since. Any and all opinions are welcome as always!

Heer Summer TunicHeer Summer TunicHeer Summer TunicHeer Summer TunicHeer Summer Tunic

P.S. here's the link to the site for additional pictures and information: https://www.ratisbons.com/19th-Conte...-Leutnant.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Summer Tunic
    P
    Many

I’m still learning a lot (and have a ton to learn) about German Tunics, but as the site says it’s a Jäger regiment Tunic. Jäger implies that it was a skirmish or light infantry correct?

Wish I could help you CH...personally, I don't care for it. Don't like the collar tab stitching...(don't know how they can claim definitely war time sewn), eagle is a variant I have never seen. It may be correct...maybe not. I would wait for a nicer one. Just my opinion

MAP
    ?

I've purchased a number of fine items from Ratisbons, but you need to vet their items.

I agree with David, something is off.

Maybe Fred Green can help with the insignia. Send him a PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks fine.

Bear in mind this is tailor made throughout, including the insignia.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello,

Beautiful summer tunic! Love the cut, color and insignia. The sleeve oak leaves are superb and hand embroidered. I have an eagle that is a very close relative to this one but in better shape. Overall a fantastic tunic in my eyes.

Fred

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,

Beautiful summer tunic! Love the cut, color and insignia. The sleeve oak leaves are superb and hand embroidered. I have an eagle that is a very close relative to this one but in better shape. Overall a fantastic tunic in my eyes.

Fred
    Thanks! Do the collar tabs and insignia appear original as well? I’ve never seen a breast insignia like this one before

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Thanks! Do the collar tabs and insignia appear original as well? I’ve never seen a breast insignia like this one before
    Nevermind about the insignia, just re-read your post haha

Sadly I was outbid, but I appreciate the help and will have to continue to keep an eye out for similar tunics!